cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Locked Sim Card Inserted

Frank96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple hours ago I started having problems with my Public Mobile SIM card. It cut off my data and service and requested I enter a password because my SIM card is "Network Locked". I've paid for the last 3 months with dynamic auto pay and have been doing so for a couple months now so this problem popping up is confusing. I'm on the $120 12 GB plan promotion and my next autopay date is set for July 31st. I have no idea what the problem is as I checked my account and it appears normal. I also put in a Bell SIM card and it worked fine on my phone so I know it's a Public Mobile SIM card problem. Any help will be appreciated as I am currently without service.

20 REPLIES 20

@leonessity fortunately for you,  you can now either contact your previous provider or Samsung online and ask them to unlock the phone for you.

@leonessity wrote:

If that is a genuine offer, please, count me in... as I have the exact same phone AND issue.

leonessity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If that is a genuine offer, please, count me in... as I have the exact same phone AND issue.

instrumental

Yea it can be done so easy

@srasuligejor wrote:

can you help me, i have the same issue

Network locked sim card means that your phone is locked to a different carrier. Only that other carrier or someone who sells unlocking codes or services can assist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srasuligejor wrote:

Contact the previous carrier/provider that the phone was on. Or if Samsung then they can get you an unlock code.

srasuligejor

@Harry60 wrote:

switched from virgin and now my phone says network locked . how to fix this

You'll need to contact Virgin Mobile to get the phone unlocked before it can be used here.

Harry60

switched from virgin and now my phone says network locked . how to fix this

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sammyjhonny wrote:

How

@Sammyjhonny sorry, what's the question here?  You're trying to use PM and your phone is telling you the network is locked?  What provider did you get the phone from?  You need to contact them for an unlock code.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sammyjhonny

How

Sammyjhonny

Network locked simcard inserted

instrumental

There is no steps I can do it cause I own GSM server 

fahadmir

tell me the process of unlock network of samsung s6 edge t-mobile

instrumental

I can unlock it for u for free

Frank96

Yes I was using the phone then it suddenly stopped working. It is a Samsung Galaxy S6. I might have figured out my problem. I bought the phone used from ebay and it was working on Public Mobile for 3 or so months before it suddenly stopped a couple hours ago. Since I used to work for Samsung I know a network lock screen when I see one so it might just be my phone relocked itself for some reason. Bell SIM card would have worked likely because it was a Bell unlocked phone. Probably the first and last time I buy a phone on ebay if this is the case.

@Frank96, what type of phone is your unlocked phone?  Were you using this phone and then all of a sudden it is now asking for an unlock code?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Frank96

I only have 1 unlocked phone the other is locked to Bell so I can't try it. I bought my phone unlocked and I'm positive it's still unlocked.

Frank96

I switched phones during the first month and everything worked fine for the next couple months. I have an unlocked device that I was using on the Public Mobile network for the past 3 months.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Frank96, have you switched phones during your plan?  By inserting a Bell SIM I am assuming you have an unlocked phone?  If you are positive your phone is unlocked.

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

Make sure you have your notifications for private messages turned on and you can do that here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what phone are you using?  did you buy it unlocked or did you unlock it?  could an update have relocked it?  

also did you try the sim in a different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.