cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Locked SIM card inserted.

Jammer11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last year I purchased a new in box phone that was unlocked.

Ordered a new public mobile sim and replaced my s2 on my grandfathered PM acct.

I'm gifting this phone to my son who's on Virgin.

We purchased a new sim and plugged it in the phone.

We now get Network Locked SIM card inserted.

How do I get the unlock code from public mobile.

Thx for your help

10 REPLIES 10

@Jammer11 wrote:

I did get two unlock codes from PM.

Not sure why they thought these would work.

In the end...it just put me in a more precarious Spot.

I now have cell phone that only works on Public Mobile.

Not right.

I've never heard of PM providing CK codes. You must have an unlocked (or Koodo-locked or Telus-locked) device from elsewhere to even use their service.

An unlocked device will work on any other network. 

Even if, hypothetically, the carrier provided you with unlock codes they would only unlock the device.  They would never install a new carrier lockout (because that is strictly an OEM-controlled activity, never intended to be available to consumers).

Your quoted text seems incorrect.  I suspect your kijiji device is carrier-locked and the carrier is not Public Mobile - if so, PM was never involved, isn't involved, and couldn't do anything about it anyhow. 

Scoman20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you mean that you inserted a Public Mobile sim into your phone and it said it was locked?  It sounds like your phone might be locked to the previous carrier and you'll have to contact them to unlock it...

Amber1

My sim block and I have taken out the new one but then also some not working what to do know

Jammer11

I was hoping that too.

I guess I'll have to contact the manufacturer.

I did get two unlock codes from PM.

Not sure why they thought these would work.

In the end...it just put me in a more precarious Spot.

I now have cell phone that only works on Public Mobile.

Not right.

In recent years, some phones were unlocked UNTIL THE FIRST SIM card is inserted, and then activated.

As you’ve broken the seal on the new in box package, and inserted the PM sim, sending a message to the moderators as described above should yield you a favourable result.

Sorry, I misunderstood the first post.

PM doesn't sell any phones or carrier-lock any phones.

So if the phone works on PM (Telus) but doesn't work off Telus then it's Telus-locked or Koodo-locked.  You'll need to contact whichever of those two you originally purchased it from to obtain a (free) unlock, PM can't help you.

Jammer11

Thx for trying to help.

Perhaps you missed something from my original post.

Were going from PM to Virgin.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Jammer11

Are you sure it's an unlocked phone?

You're describing a carrier-locked phone ... probably locked to Virgin (BCE/Bell), you'd have to call them to get it unlocked (for free) before it will accept the PM SIM card or work on the PM (Telus) network.  It's definitely not a Telus-locked or Koodo-locked phone if it works with Virgin.

Jammer11

The phone was purchased on kijiji.

I broke the seal and started the phone myself.

I ordered and I installed a new PM sim and used the phone for a year.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jammer11 

Did you purchase phone from Telus or Koodo?

If so, you will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.