cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get new Sim for exisiting account for new phone - what stores are selling them

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Need to get new Sim - what stores are selling them.

REalized I now have to get new sim as my new phone and all new phones are now using nano sim (eye roll).

Why do we have to purchase and spend $10 when we have been customers. for years. Very annoyed. I see Lucky mobile/ Bell selling theirs for under $2 on amazon.

17 REPLIES 17

Lol. Funny.  Hope you bag your prey.

@Bubba wrote:
Re: Need to get new Sim for exisiting account for new phone - what stores are selling them

So what'd you decide?

LOL. I have decided that Public Mobile hasnt changed that much in 5 years.  Works great once you set it up, But when you have to majke any major changes with PM, its always screwey. Somthing always scew up and somthing that should be really easy, becomes this major hurdle.

I have a phone that was ordered and delivered within 1.5 day from Amazon yet I cant get a  sim card from my phone carrier that I have been with for over 5 years so that I can use it.

You will think that in the centre of the largest city in Canada, at one of the countrys most well  known mall (EATON CENTRE), Telus/ Public Mobile will make its KODO Kiosk carry Public Mobile SIM cards. But absolutely not.   What a silly stupid idea.

The sheer amount of space those big huge bulky sim cards take up that its just not doable, to carry it at the Kodo Kiosk.

For some reason I though a place in the eaton centre would be carry it. I started late loooking into the locations nearby the eaton centre that would carry them but by them it was getting late and past 8 and most places were closed.

Is is small towns where people area asking to get help to cut their card down to nano size. The places I asked and even an independent kisok I asked no one does it. It must be a small town thing. 

I went to walmart on my way home and that was closed at 9pm.

So the race is still on to find the endangered species the very shy Public Mobile SIM CARD.

I actaully though about coming ON here and asking questions before I ordered my phone. But I thought its just taking out the sim card from one phone and putting it in another, whats there to really know...who knew...PLAN AHEAD FOLKS

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bubba 

Did you ever ask the mods real nice like?

Come on man I've been here like 5 years giving you my hard earned money and wish to continue doing so but I got a new phone and the SIM I had is not the tri-punch and I need the smaller size. Come on.

Not in those words or attitude 🙂

You would just need to wait it out with the mail.

It can't hurt to ask.

It's a viable option as long as Bubba still has his old phone to use while waiting for the new SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bubba 

Did you ever ask the mods real nice like?

Come on man I've been here like 5 years giving you my hard earned money and wish to continue doing so but I got a new phone and the SIM I had is not the tri-punch and I need the smaller size. Come on.

Not in those words or attitude 🙂

You would just need to wait it out with the mail.

@Bubba wrote:

Did you consult the store locator? 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

It can also help to call ahead. Hope you find it tomorrow. Smiley Happy

I thought that I would just drop in at one of the biggest mall and find one.  I rememberd late about the lacator, and then went online and looked at the map, found a few nearby but most placese were closing when I called.

There is nothing nearby me for cell shops. I will have to try and hit up the walmarts tomorrow.

I will try and call first as you or some other people suggested.

Good idea to call ahead to save some time. Smiley Happy

Some Walmarts do not sell the SIM on its own. They sell only in-store activation...

Bubba

No I have a olde card. Nothing to punch out. Mine came with the bigger card and the medium which all the phone were using at the time.

I thought that I would just drop in at one of the biggest mall and find one.  I rememberd late about the lacator, and then went online and looked at the map, found a few nearby but most placese were closing when I called.

There is nothing nearby where I live for cell shops. I will have to try and hit up the walmarts tomorrow.

I will try and call first as you or some other people suggested.

@Bubba 

Bubba
Re: Need to get new Sim for exisiting account for new phone - what stores are selling them

So what'd you decide?

LOL. I have decided that Public Mobile hasnt changed that much in 5 years.  Works great once you set it up, But when you have to majke any major changes with PM, its always screwey. Somthing always scew up and somthing that should be really easy, becomes this major hurdle.

I have a phone that was ordered and delivered within 1.5 day from Amazon yet I cant get a  sim card from my phone carrier that I have been with for over 5 years so that I can use it.

You will think that in the centre of the largest city in Canada, at one of the countrys most well  known mall (EATON CENTRE), Telus/ Public Mobile will make its KODO Kiosk carry Public Mobile SIM cards. But absolutely not.   What a silly stupid idea.

The sheer amount of space those big huge bulky sim cards take up that its just not doable, to carry it at the Kodo Kiosk.

For some reason I though a place in the eaton centre would be carry it. I started late loooking into the locations nearby the eaton centre that would carry them but by them it was getting late and past 8 and most places were closed.

Is is small towns where people area asking to get help to cut their card down to nano size. The places I asked and even an independent kisok I asked no one does it. It must be a small town thing. 

I went to walmart on my way home and that was closed at 9pm.

So the race is still on to find the endangered species the very shy Public Mobile SIM CARD.

I actaully though about coming ON here and asking questions before I ordered my phone. But I thought its just taking out the sim card from one phone and putting it in another, whats there to really know...who knew...PLAN AHEAD FOLKS

@Staliger wrote:

You don't need to but a new sim. You can resize your old sim. For one of my sims, I had a big one, and a new phone could accept only nano sims. I went to the closest sim store and asked them to decrease the size of my old sim. They used some sim card cutter and gave me my old-new nano sim.

Which, if you think about it, is a case of good P.R. - they cut your SIM for you(with a purpose-built tool, a 5 second job), and then next time you need some help with something cell related, be it a new phone, a case, a new SIM, where are you likely to go, and/or tell other people to go..... 👍 

@LovesToPM wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@tsparkle21 wrote:

I saw on Amazon PM SIM for $6. 

In Toronto, you can try https://canadiancellsupplies.com/ . This is the $6.99 seller from Amazon.  The SIM is discounted and there is a store located at Finch Ave & Weston Rd.

Looks like their price increased to $7.99.

SIM card prices on Amazon currently vary from $7.69 up to $10.

Guess it went up lol.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba wrote:

REalized I now have to get new sim as my new phone and all new phones are now using nano sim (eye roll).

Why do we have to purchase and spend $10 when we have been customers. for years. Very annoyed. I see Lucky mobile/ Bell selling theirs for under $2 on amazon.

You don't need to but a new sim. You can resize your old sim. For one of my sims, I had a big one, and a new phone could accept only nano sims. I went to the closest sim store and asked them to decrease the size of my old sim. They used some sim card cutter and gave me my old-new nano sim.

@gblackma wrote:

@tsparkle21 wrote:

In Toronto, you can try https://canadiancellsupplies.com/ . This is the $6.99 seller from Amazon.  The SIM is discounted and there is a store located at Finch Ave & Weston Rd.

Looks like their price increased to $7.99.

SIM card prices on Amazon currently vary from $7.69 up to $10.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bubba 

So what'd you decide? Were you able to "punch" out the smaller size from what you already had? The current SIM's are what I've heard called tri-punch. They are able to kind of snap out the smaller sizes from the standard small one. (not the original big credit card thing)

And then some have had success cutting out the smaller sizes. But that's too picky for me as it could possibly damage the slot or the card will slop around in it.

So if you need a new card then stores like London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will sell you a SIM. Apparently some independents have been known to sell SIM's. There are now Public Mobile kiosks in some malls. Some stores prefer you to activate with them too but just go in and ask for a replacement even if you're new. And then there's online like here and Amazon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bubba, I suggest using the store locator function on this site to find the nearest retailer.  They should all be able to sell you a SIM card. 

@tsparkle21 wrote:

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba wrote:

You can get them at London Drugs, Mobile Shop(within Real Canadian Superstore), Walmart, and others.

Those Lucky Mobile SIMs for  <$2 on Amazon are being sold by many people/companies, but none of them appear to actually be Lucky/Bell.....

Oh, and as @DanielleMarie  said, you can usually pop out the size you need, or, if necessary, cut it to the required size.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bubba wrote:

Why do we have to purchase and spend $10 when we have been customers. for years. Very annoyed. I see Lucky mobile/ telus selling theirs for under $2 on amazon.

Unless your SIM card is super old you can pop out the smaller size.

Need Help? Let's chat.