cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with iPhone voicemail indicator

mdowns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My wife and I both have iPhone 6 phones on public mobile, but the voicemail seems to be functioning differently between the two phones.  Both phones are on the latest iOS and Public Mobile v35.  We can both access our voicemail, but how we access it differs between the phones.

Here's the situation:

My phone - When I have a message waiting, the red indicator appears on the voicemail shortcut at the bottom of the home screen.  On the voicemail screen, there is a button in the middle of the screen that says "Call Voicemail".  I tap this button to access my voicemail messages.  

My wife's phone - When she has a message waiting, the red indicator does not appear on the voicemail icon at the bottom of the home screen.  On the voicemail screen, there is no button in the middle of the screen to call voicemail, but there is a link at the top left of the screen called "Greeting". To access her messages, she holds down "1" and can retrieve them.

Does anyone know why these two phones are behaving differently?  The issue that we need to resolve is to somehow get the red voicemail waiting indicator to function on my wife's phone.  Currently, she has no way of knowing if there is a message waiting for her, other than calling in to check the voicemail throughout the day.

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.