cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a bigger sim now...

Ilickporcupines
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son is switching from his dad's old busted iPhone 4s up to a old busted Nexus 6p. The 4s used a tiny little size for the sim. The Nexus 6p seems to use one size larger. Do I need to order a new sim to get the phone working? And how can I transfer his package/#to the new sim? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you do get a new SIM, just use the 'adapter' that comes with it with your old SIM and now you will have a new unactivated PM SIM for later use when you refer somebody.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Ilickporcupines you may want to try asking someone at the telus or koodo store for a free sim frame or adaptor.

Acekiller

ask around, most people (stores) should have extra 'frames' lying around after they punched out the core sim card.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think you can also buy a sim adapter kit from Walmart, but definately ask at a kiosk I have done it before and no issues.

GreatCanadian

And if you actually end up getting a new SIM, you can just  log in to your self-serve and you'll see a link on the right "Change Sim Card".

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ilickporcupines, practically all carriers have been using convertible SIMs that can be readily switched from full size to micro to nano by snapping the plastic rings on and off the base SIM which is nano size.  To save $10, I would suggest going to a mall and kindly asking an agent at one of the cell kiosks whether they can just give you a plastic ring.  Many cell phones use a nano SIM and so they should be able to salvage some parts from their recycle bin for you.  If you are "too proud" to ask, then the other option is to buy a new SIM.  A good strategy may be to go to a WoW mobile or Walmart and ask about buying a Public Mobile SIM and then engage in a conversation about how you just need to convert the SIM size and ask if they can help with that without the need to buy a new SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.