Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a PUK # sim card is locked

barbpettigrew1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

23 REPLIES 23

@Douglas6544 

@Douglas6544 wrote:

private mesage to moderator I have a google 3a xl which i have been looking to make more secure -getting apks and browsers other than chrome and resetting my phone and in the process i clicked on the wrong button --the sim card button -so i would appreciate it you provide a puk code so i can get up and running again --thank you

You will need to private message moderator, not post on the community thread.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Douglas6544
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

private mesage to moderator I have a google 3a xl which i have been looking to make more secure -getting apks and browsers other than chrome and resetting my phone and in the process i clicked on the wrong button --the sim card button -so i would appreciate it you provide a puk code so i can get up and running again --thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Bakali38 - You will need to contact the moderator team in order to get the PUK code. You can either send a private message (see below), or go though SIMON chat box (quetion mark in Black circle in lower right corner of most screens in community.  For Simon, type something like PUK code, and then follow instructions to submit a ticket.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

Bakali38

Need a PUK # sim card is locked

@barbpettigrew1 , I have merged your threads so that people will have an easier time following this sutuation.  Good luck.

@barbpettigrew1 wrote:

Been almost 34 hrs since sending message to moderator needing a PUK code. Wondering if I get a new sim card that would put my phone back in service.  Or get new sim card and cancel my account and reopen a new one would work. 

@barbpettigrew1  The @CS_Agent  should respond soon with the PUK code just hang in there. If you can't wait I guess you can try to do a sim swap. If you have/can borrow  another SIM it might be worthwhile to test and make sure the PUK message goes away. If not then your phone will require Master unlock code and you will need to get that from Samasung.

Website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

@barbpettigrew1 

Just reviewed your threads and it is confusing on why you would need PUK code. A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times.

You have been with Public mobile for about one year.  Did you get a new phone recently?  Did you set up a SIM card PIN number and entered incorrectly afterwards?  

Technically, you could buy another new SIM card $10 and switch SIM card in your self service account and it should work.  If the phone is locked though, you will need to enter the unlock code before the new SIM card will start working.  Your phone unlock code can be obtained by calling the previous carrier.  

Hi @barbpettigrew1 You don't need to cancel your account (you can't anyways other than to let it lapse for 90 days).. You can just use the Change SIM card option via your online account.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 4.05.45 PM.png

I am curious though after reviewing your past posts, did you change the PUK code before? If you are sure you haven't and you have 1+ more tries.. have you tried the default PUK at 1234?

It can take 48 - 72 hours depending on workload for a moderator's response.  You try either method but if you cancel your account then you could lose any rewards that you maybe entitled to and since account is prepaid then you would lose any unsued minutes and/ or data.

barbpettigrew1

Been almost 34 hrs since sending message to moderator needing a PUK code. Wondering if I get a new sim card that would put my phone back in service.  Or get new sim card and cancel my account and reopen a new one would work. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• If you don’t need to share personal or account information, just tag @Moderator_Team to your thread and they’ll show up. Just like that.
  • If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbpettigrew1 wrote:

How to message moderator

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

Edit: ...as mentioned in your other thread.

barbpettigrew1

How to message moderator

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your phone was locked by the previous service provider.

In this case, you have 2 options:

- ask the previous provider to unlock your phone - if they are unwilling/cannot, cause your not a customer anymore & there's no way to establish you're the owner of that phone.....

- you can try an instore/online unlocking service (I've previously used various ebay resellers to unlock my phones ~$5 or less).

Good Luck!

@Triguyexcept the Samsung unlock code is not the PUK code.. PUK code has to do with SIM specifically?

@barbpettigrew1 wrote:

My provider is public Mobile no previous provider. Been with them for over a year. Public Mobile locked me out

@barbpettigrew1  So you had assigned a code to your sim correct? 

The default PM PUK code is 1234. If that doesn't work you need to notify Public Mobile.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbpettigrew1 wrote:

My provider is public Mobile no previous provider. Been with them for over a year. Public Mobile locked me out

So the phone is brand new never used anywhere else?

Try Samsung and see if they can get you going or then yeah you'll have to ask the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Edit: Did you edit your post?

barbpettigrew1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbpettigrew1 wrote:

Message going across the bottom of phone says sim card has been locked. Enter your PUK to continue. Contact your service provider for details. 

Make of phone is Samsung s4

Either as above or Samsung themselves have a handy service to give you an unlock code. Easy just to use the chat feature.

Edit: ninja'd by Triguy...although not sure about 2 days...but then I've never tried it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Samsung is giving unlock codes.

1. Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170
  2. Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your S4 and provide the IMEI & Carrier info
  3. In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email.  

@barbpettigrew1If you entered in the SIM code to many times you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you just put your SIM in and it's saying it's locked then it's locked to your previous provider and you will need to contact them to unlock your phone.

barbpettigrew1

Message going across the bottom of phone says sim card has been locked. Enter your PUK to continue. Contact your service provider for details. 

Make of phone is Samsung s4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbpettigrew1 

What make/model phone and what exact message is it giving you?

Need Help? Let's chat.