cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need PUK, what do I do?

Username1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried messaging the moderators, but it's been three hours and I can't deal with this all day. I signed up for this service to avoid hassle, now I am neck deep in it.

Anyone got suggestions on how to communicate with this company, maybe smoke signals, perhaps carrier pigion,I am really open minded to anything at this point.

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Username1 totally get the venting, and I agree with you 100%.  2-3 days is a really, really poor showing regardless of the year but especially in the instant-everything era in which we live.  Turnaround time used to be a matter of a few hours, maybe a day if the moderator team was really busy.  I think the issue is supporting the retail channel now that they're in several retail locations.  This has really backlogged support for everyone else, IMHO.  Quite frankly it's disgusting.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Username1

@cappaj wrote:

The reason I ask about the specific message you're getting - sometimes "PUK" can be referring to a code that you actually need to get from your previous provider or even your phone manufacturer. Which means you could be waiting days to find out you're asking the wrong people.

Thanks for looking out for me, but I need it from Public Mobile. 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The reason I ask about the specific message you're getting - sometimes "PUK" can be referring to a code that you actually need to get from your previous provider or even your phone manufacturer. Which means you could be waiting days to find out you're asking the wrong people.

Maybe you already know all that. But I don't know if you know that! 

@Username1 wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

I get what you're saying, but it's also kind of weird that you would rather wait until Monday or Tuesday and complain about it, without also at least exploring this avenue of help, if you really want to get your problem solved?

The problem I need my PUK but I need costumer service to get it, a process that would take 10 minutes. My question was is there another way to contact them. The answer was no, a lovely user pointed out that the wait is 2-3 days, but we have to remember they don't work weekends, so that means I am waiting till Monday or Tuesday. 

My complaint was there was no automated system to tell me I'd be waiting, so what I thought would be a few minutes of waiting turned into hours before I made this forum thread. I think it's fair to say that my confusion and impatient with the situation was more then justified because I was given virtually no information.

In short, there is no other avanue of help, just a broken system that needs to be fixed. Hope I cleared up any confusion about the situation.

They do work weekends, albeit with less manpower and shorter hours.

Username1

@will13am wrote:

I am a little disappointed that you say you know what you are doing, you don't need help but you come to this forum seeking what appears to be help.  Then you rebuff what appears to be reasonable suggestions.  Yes, it is 2018.  Regardless of the era, having to wait 2-3 days is unacceptably long.  It is what it is.  No much we can do to change that at the moment. 

The help I needed was to know if there was another way to contact this business and a user gave me the information I needed early on. The discussion turned into how it was pretty crazy that I had to make a forum post to figure out I'd be waiting till next week for a response. An automated system would be highly beneficial for all parties involved here. What are you on about?

Username1

@cappaj wrote:

I get what you're saying, but it's also kind of weird that you would rather wait until Monday or Tuesday and complain about it, without also at least exploring this avenue of help, if you really want to get your problem solved?

The problem I need my PUK but I need costumer service to get it, a process that would take 10 minutes. My question was is there another way to contact them. The answer was no, a lovely user pointed out that the wait is 2-3 days, but we have to remember they don't work weekends, so that means I am waiting till Monday or Tuesday. 

My complaint was there was no automated system to tell me I'd be waiting, so what I thought would be a few minutes of waiting turned into hours before I made this forum thread. I think it's fair to say that my confusion and impatient with the situation was more then justified because I was given virtually no information.

In short, there is no other avanue of help, just a broken system that needs to be fixed. Hope I cleared up any confusion about the situation.

@Username1 wrote:

I can't help but disagree.. From a user's perspective, which I am, the forum is here to help people who need it. Which is great, but I know what I need, I know the information to give, and who to message. I don't need help, I was just wondering if maybe they had a fax number I could hit them up on, cause this was taking way to long for a simple question.

Just seems like some real basic reply, even if it's automated, would greatly help this whole thing a long. I guess I wait till Monday or Tuesday to solve a 10 minute issue. 2018 my friends, the future is here.

You're all lovely by the way, the information and suggestions given to me were all reasonable, and my frustration is with the customer service system, or lack of..

I am a little disappointed that you say you know what you are doing, you don't need help but you come to this forum seeking what appears to be help.  Then you rebuff what appears to be reasonable suggestions.  Yes, it is 2018.  Regardless of the era, having to wait 2-3 days is unacceptably long.  It is what it is.  No much we can do to change that at the moment. 

cappaj

@Username1 wrote:

I can't help but disagree.. From a user's perspective, which I am, the forum is here to help people who need it. Which is great, but I know what I need, I know the information to give, and who to message. I don't need help, I was just wondering if maybe they had a fax number I could hit them up on, cause this was taking way to long for a simple question.

Just seems like some real basic reply, even if it's automated, would greatly help this whole thing a long. I guess I wait till Monday or Tuesday to solve a 10 minute issue. 2018 my friends, the future is here.

You're all lovely by the way, the information and suggestions given to me were all reasonable, and my frustration is with the customer service system, or lack of..

Anyways - let us know if you change your mind and do want our help!

Username1

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Username1 wrote:

I guess I am just concerned that in 2018 I'll have to wait up to 3 days for a real simple issue, like maybe I should send them snail mail, it might be faster at this point..

However my biggest concern is the lack of information all together. I mean it's not crazy to think they could set up an auto response to be like "Hey, it's going to be awhile for a reply, so don't waste your time an wait around for us". I mean surely they have the budget for that? 

It would be nice but thats why this forum is here, to solve most of the issues before the mods even respond and in a case like this to let you know the current time delay and why it works this way.

Username1

I guess I am just concerned that in 2018 I'll have to wait up to 3 days for a real simple issue, like maybe I should send them snail mail, it might be faster at this point..

However my biggest concern is the lack of information all together. I mean it's not crazy to think they could set up an auto response to be like "Hey, it's going to be awhile for a reply, so don't waste your time an wait around for us". I mean surely they have the budget for that? 

Dunkgirl

@Username1 wrote:

I like the creativity and the effort Dunkgirl but for me that's a no go, just can't spend more money on something another provider could solve in 10 minutes.. 

You get what you pay for. You are not paying the premium to have that 10 minute support. You are paying for "The phone company without a phone number" "less for less" "our support is different" etc etc. If you sign up to another carrier with "24/7 support" you will be spending a lot more than $10 in the long run.

cappaj

@cappaj wrote:

@Username1 wrote:

I tried messaging the moderators, but it's been three hours and I can't deal with this all day. I signed up for this service to avoid hassle, now I am neck deep in it.

Anyone got suggestions on how to communicate with this company, maybe smoke signals, perhaps carrier pigion,I am really open minded to anything at this point.

Can you copy for us here the exact message your phone is giving you? And what kind of phone you have? The answer can depend on those things.

For me on my Samsung S7, these are the messages/prompts I was shown and what they meant:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

@Username1 just tagging you in case you missed this post, hopefully with some more detail we might be able to help you!

But yeah - as others have mentioned - one of the reasons PM is so much cheaper than other providers is because their support is entirely forum-based. There really is no other way to contact the mods (the only people who can help you, other than other customers on the forum like I'm doing right now) than via private message. And their response times are hovering around 48 hours or so these days. It's crummy but it is what it is!

Username1

I like the creativity and the effort Dunkgirl but for me that's a no go, just can't spend more money on something another provider could solve in 10 minutes.. 

Dunkgirl

Buy a new sim at walmart for $10 and register it to your account? Wouldn't that be the fastest way around needing a puk? Is this possible?

Username1

Robert I feel like you didn't really read my post.

cappaj

@Username1 wrote:

Can you copy for us here the exact message your phone is giving you? And what kind of phone you have? The answer can depend on those things.

For me on my Samsung S7, these are the messages/prompts I was shown and what they meant:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Username1 wrote:

There is not much you can do to speed up moderator response sorry 😞 There response time has been pretty slow lately as they are filled with requests and trying to catch up. Response time seems to be 48-72 hours.

To get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. Click this to send them a message.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

To get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. More info here

Need Help? Let's chat.