cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need PUK code please

ashley2017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am trying to unlock my phone (originally with TELUS) and it's saying I need a PUK code.
11 REPLIES 11

Firefox5440

Need puk code k never set one so sim just came with ghe dim card

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is what I found looking through this forum for PUK code.  Looks like a private message to a moderator may help resolve things.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-PU...

@ashley2017 wrote:
Thanks for the reply

I have been using a telus locked phone with public service.. I am now going bell and they are saying PUK code needs to come from here.

@xCameron94x 

Phone is locked to telus phone need to be unlocked to work on bell network 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@ashley2017 do you remember the PIN code you set for Telus/Public Mobile when you first signed up?

That's explain you need a puk for bell what you can do try ebay kijiji or Google it you will find websites who can unlock it for you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ashley2017
Thanks for the reply

I have been using a telus locked phone with public service.. I am now going bell and they are saying PUK code needs to come from here.

Puk code is unlocking code
PUK Code. PIN UnlocK code / PIN Unlock Key. PUK is the code required to unlock a GSM SIM card that has disabled itself after an incorrect PIN code was entered 3-5 times in a row. ... If an incorrect PUK code is entered a certain number of times (typically 5-10), the SIM card will permanently block (disable) itself.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

I think you will have to contact Telus...

Here is info for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_unblocking_code

FYI, unlocking with the PUK code is not the same than what is commonly understood by "unlocking a phone" to allow it to work on other carrier.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If it's locked to telus its shouldn't be asking for puk all telus and koodo phones work with pm since thry all work under same umbrella
If you bought it third party then its more likely lock to some other carrier and that's why it's asking for puk

if its locked to telus, the phone should still work with public mobile!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Who are you using to unlock the phone?  What kind of phone is it?

You will need to use a service than can provide you with the unlokcing service.

Just to add, this is a service you will have to pay for.  Android phones are much easier to get this done than iphones.

Need Help? Let's chat.