cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need New SIM?

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So my S5 NEO just crapped out.  The display won't turn on AT ALL just the indicator lights and all the notification sounds go off.

I have an old lg flip phone that i bought from telus, but I'm not sure that the micro sim card will fit it.

So if i need the bigger size, can I buy a new sim card and use the plastic bit to hold the old sim card?

thanks

-James

5 REPLIES 5

The plastic outlines can be (re)used to upsize SIMs, doesn't matter which brand or vendor because SIM cards have standardized form factors. I've even seen them at dollar stores.

But from the OP description I don't think the SIM card has failed (nor do I think a new SIM card would correct the failure).

I think the phone itself has failed. Hardware, firmware, software, battery (typically the battery), something. A working device with a dead SIM card would still be a working device with no service, it would at least power up the screen long enoughtto report Invalid SIM, SIM Error, Emergency Calls Only, etc.

Try the SIM in another phone. Try the phone with another SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

So my S5 NEO just crapped out.  The display won't turn on AT ALL just the indicator lights and all the notification sounds go off.

I have an old lg flip phone that i bought from telus, but I'm not sure that the micro sim card will fit it.

So if i need the bigger size, can I buy a new sim card and use the plastic bit to hold the old sim card?

thanks

-James

Yes. You can use the adaptor(s) come with the 3-in-1 SIM card.  You can but a $1 Vigin SIM card for $1 and just use the adaptor(s).

And destroy that SIM!! Great cheap fix.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

thanks

-James

Yes. You can use the adaptor(s) come with the 3-in-1 SIM card.  You can but a $1 Vigin SIM card for $1 and just use the adaptor(s).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

thanks

-James

Head to your local cell repair shop and see if the have any sim skeletons. Probably get one for gratis.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jclaydon2018Yes you can use the plastic bit to fit in your nano sized SIM card into the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.