cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name display

Tharshi06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

my daughter signed up with public mobile and she is using one of the old number. when she call her name display with old user's name.

could you please help us to fix this issue.

Thanks,

TT

5 REPLIES 5

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Tharshi06 wrote:

Hi,

my daughter signed up with public mobile and she is using one of the old number. when she call her name display with old user's name.

could you please help us to fix this issue.

Thanks,

TT

Only Rogers and landlines send name display when making a call.  Was the number registered with an internet database with a name?

As @Purplepan says, look in her contact s and see it the former owners name appears. Change the contact info to her.

Tharshi06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Her name display as old user's name (who ever owned this number before). Example my daughter's name is Linda, but name display as Heshini which is the old user

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Incoming calls from Public Mobile customers will only display the phone number.

Do you have your daughter as a contact on your phone? If you've set up a contact for her, the display name will be whatever you chose for her locally on your phone. So for example, if you added her phone number as a contact and labeled her as "Daughter", it'll always show as "Daughter" for your phone only as long as her number remains the same. If she calls a random phone, it should only display her phone number. 

Hope this helps.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You'll have to message the moderators for this @CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.