cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Service

DBurns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my Sim card last night and when i went to use my phone it says no service. I have tryed reseting mobile network settings etc but still it doesnt work, also removed and replaced sim, turned phone on and off. Please Help...

28 REPLIES 28

DBurns

Also i no the apn is for data but thats is also part of the issue. i am also looking into possible need to change the csc

DBurns

Its not. iam tec savy. i have gone through all of these things over and over. it not lock nor is it blacklisted. i checked online imei checkers and called cspire and sumsung. The phone is clear

Network APN are not codes. You can find Public's here. They also won't work if you have No Service displayed on your phone.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DBurns wrote:

Every provider has network codes apn etc

@DBurns APN only affects data.  Is your problem only with data?  Are you able to do calling and texting fine?

Assuming your phone has compatible frequncies (which it does) and is neither blacklisted nor locked to another provider, this should be as simple as a SIM-card swap.  

I believe that one of your beliefs (not blacklisted, not locked) is incorrect.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DBurns

Every provider has network codes apn etc

srlawren

@DBurns wrote:

The phone was originally from the US and they informed my i need to have the provided give me the new codes to the new network. and that there is nothing they can do.

@DBurns not sure what to tell you at this point.  Both your SIM and your husband's work in his phone and do not work in your phone--from that, the only possible conclusion is it's your phone and not Public Mobile.  If you're 100% sure it's compatible, not blacklisted, and not locked to the original US provider, then I don't know what else to suggest to be honest.  I still think it could be locked and that you should try this:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Free-unlock-codes-for-Samsung-Galaxy-....  

I wonder if it could be CSC code? I don't think that would prevent you from connecting, but if you're really stuck, you could try Googling how to change your CSC, and use "PMB" as the new code.  This will factory reset your phone in the process, just so you're aware.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Public-Mobile-has-their-own-CSC-code-....  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@DBurns wrote:

When you go in to the phones brain its very easy to see its reading towers just not getting service. its not the antenna.

@DBurns  If the phone is not locked then you should seriously consider doing a factory reset to see if fixes your issue.

@DBurnsSince Public Mobile doesn't sell phones, they don't have any codes to give you. You will need to go back to your seller's original network provider. Did the seller give you their old SIM card? You can try that to see if you can get service.. if so, then the phone hardware is working, if not you still need to see someone physically to have it checked out.

DBurns

When you go in to the phones brain its very easy to see its reading towers just not getting service. its not the antenna.

DBurns

The phone was originally from the US and they informed my i need to have the provided give me the new codes to the new network. and that there is nothing they can do.

@DBurnsBut there could be problems with the phones itself. Phone antennas can burn out. Hence that's why I suggest you go to a Samsung store to get it checked out.

DBurns

phone is compatible.
phone is not blacklisted.
sumaung says there is noting wrong wit the phone on their end.

@DBurnsIt is the problem with your phone not Public Mobile. You probably want to make a trip to your neigbhourhood Samsung store to figure things out.

DBurns

The phone is unlocked.

srlawren

@geopublic wrote:

@DBurns wrote:

I did that. my husband has public mobile to. his sim doesnt work in my phone but mine works in his. what does that mean

@DBurns  It means that whatever the issue is it is related to your phone and not your sim or your account.

@DBurns there are a few possibilities:

1) your phone could be incompatible with PM's network.  We see this with imported overseas models sometimes that aren't meant for use in north america.  But I'm 99% sure all Note 5 models are compatible.

2) your phone could be blacklisted.  You can use the IMEI checker here to verify:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

3) your phone could be locked to another network.  The seller might not realize it, and their former provider might not realize it.  Samsung should be able to provide you an unlock code, and you should be able to request it via live chat on Samsung Canada's support page

4) your phone might have some other gltich that a factory reset *could* fix, but #2 or #3 are far more likely causes.

@DBurns wrote:

No the person i bought it from bought it new. I called the previous provider and they informed me the phone was unlocked

Does the phone ask for the unlock code?Carrier don't know if it's unlocked. If they gave unlock code to someone before, they have record of that but they don't know if person unlocked it. It is a manual process that only person who has the phone can do.  Carrier can't unlock an Android phone from their end.  The old carrier should have gave you the unlock code.

@DBurnsDid you ask the previous provider if the phone has been blacklisted? That could be an issue too.

@DBurns wrote:

No the person i bought it from bought it new. I called the previous provider and they informed me the phone was unlocked

@DBurns 

The means that the issue is with your phone, not your service or SIM card.

I would suggest try network reset your phone first.  If that does not work, you might want to factory reset your phone (back up any important information first).  

@DBurns wrote:

I did that. my husband has public mobile to. his sim doesnt work in my phone but mine works in his. what does that mean

@DBurns  It means that whatever the issue is it is related to your phone and not your sim or your account.

DBurns

@DBurns 

Moderator wait times are 1-2 days. 

As you wait, can your try your SIM card in another phone.  To determine whether it is hardware issue versu PM service problem.  

Also, can try network reset or even factory reset of phone.  

DBurns

Thank you very much. Messaging them now

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DBurns wrote:

I activated my Sim card last night and when i went to use my phone it says no service. I have tryed reseting mobile network settings etc but still it doesnt work, also removed and replaced sim, turned phone on and off. Please Help...

notify PM of the issue so that they can check your account. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

DBurns

srlawren

@DBurns wrote:

Galaxy note 5

@DBurns could it be locked to your previous provider?  (Hint:  even if you bought it factory unlocked, many Samsung models lock themselves to the network of the first SIM inserted in them, and need to be re-unlocked after).

DBurns

Galaxy note 5

@geopublic wrote:

@DBurns wrote:

@DBurns  What type of phone do you have?

@DBurns  If it's an iPhone then others have reported login to itunes via WiFi and somehow it fixes the problem but don't hold me to it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DBurns wrote:

@DBurns  What type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.