cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIM

ZachsMom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay - I signed my son up last night and spent 4 hours trying to figure his phone out, with Bell and Apple - there is nothing wrong with his iPhone - it works when I switch out my SIM and place in his phone.  It pulls my provider up w/o any issues - however, if I switch him SIM into my phone it also doesn't give me an active SIM.  I NEED HELP - - my son goes to school over and hour away from home and with COVID I need to be able to ensure he has the ability to get a hold of me immediately, not to mention I am now paying for a service I cannot use!

Is this a defective SIM or an activation issue on PM end?  PLEASE HELP me!  The customer service is really lacking with this company.  I need to speak with someone and yes I logged tickets last night!  Thank you!

25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZachsMom wrote:

Thank you I don’t live anywhere near where I can just go and get another SIM and principle now I am certainly not

investing any further funds they were quick to take my money for the SIM and first month and I have not been able to

use the service at all!! 

Yup. I understand principle. I hope you get it sorted soon.

The two "tricks" were to hope that maybe it would kick start it to work. But I understand.

ZachsMom

Thank you I don’t live anywhere near where I can just go and get another SIM and principle now I am certainly not

investing any further funds they were quick to take my money for the SIM and first month and I have not been able to

use the service at all!! 

ZachsMom

yes the last four digits match.  I just want someone to respond to me!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZachsMom wrote:

Okay my first message/ticket to the mods about SIM issues was Thursday and it’s Sunday and I still haven’t heard a word!  This is CRAZY!!

That is crazy. Did you also try sending a private message in addition to the ticket if you were able to submit that? Have you submitted multiple tickets?

What if you just got a new SIM and did the Change SIM and see if it gets it going?

Or have you tried the lost/stolen function? Or the additional $1 manual payment?

@Ana_H , @Silvio_M , @CS_Agent 

Hi @ZachsMom ,

Sorry to hear all this. 😞

1 - If your son's Public Mobile self serve account is saying ACTIVE, okay that is good.

DID you make sure the last four digits of the SIM card matches what is says on your self serve account? Look for it here:

esjliv_0-1600003503246.png

If it matches, that is GOOD!

If it does not match you may have been SIM jacked. And you should change your password, and security questions asap. 

ZachsMom

Okay my first message/ticket to the mods about SIM issues was Thursday and it’s Sunday and I still haven’t heard a word!  This is CRAZY!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZachsMom wrote:

I have tried everything.  The phone is not locked it was purchased in 2018 by me.  I was with Bell for 15 years, just switched to Telus in April.  The phone works with my Telus SIM.  His PM SIM doesn’t work in my phone either so I am at the conclusion something is wrong with the card!  However, no one will respond to my tickets!! 

Yeah their response times seemed to have dropped into the toilet these last couple few days. You're not the only one.

ZachsMom

I have tried everything.  The phone is not locked it was purchased in 2018 by me.  I was with Bell for 15 years, just switched to Telus in April.  The phone works with my Telus SIM.  His PM SIM doesn’t work in my phone either so I am at the conclusion something is wrong with the card!  However, no one will respond to my tickets!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. What's with the moderator team.

Have you been checking the envelope in the upper right? Any little numbers above it? If you click the envelope and then select the Sent tab, do you see your ticket(s)? Click the Inbox tab do you see any vertical bar next to any items.

You can click on the subject line to read the whole thing. In there will be a Reply button.

How long ago did you get this phone? If after the end of 2017 then it certainly should be unlocked. Or did you buy it used? Have you checked the compatibility/lost-stolen feature under Get Started up top of this page. Or even try devicecheck.ca.

The big 3 carriers used to lock phones. But the locked ones would still work for their brands. That's Telus, Bell, Rogers. They have Koodo, Virgin, Fido. They also have Public Mobile, Lucky, Chatr. (all respectively)

So if the phone was originally with say Bell and you have Virgin but then want to use Public Mobile...it could be locked from Public Mobile but either Bell or Virgin would work. etc.

ZachsMom

I am beyond frustrated I have logged several tickets since Thursday and absolutely no response.  I am paying for a defective product/service with zero customer support!!!!

@ZachsMom hi contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@ZachsMom is the message "No SIM"? That sounds like not detected. It might be physically bad.

ZachsMom

No it is not locked - it is a totally different provider I have tried 2 different SIMs for different providers - something is wrong the PM SIM or the activation from my trial/error and research.

@ZachsMom wrote:

It is with another provider and comes up just fine on his phone.  The PM SIM will not work in my phone either - so there has to be something with the activation I am assuming??

@ZachsMom hi if your sim that you tried in his phone is with another provider and worked than I would say there is a good chance that his phone is locked to the same provider as yours

@ZachsMom  More than likely the account was not provisioned properly and needs to be reset by Public Mobile.

To resolve it you need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to reset that account.

Click on the ? bottom of your screen and type account-specific problem and select the speak to a live person option.

Hope this helps.

ZachsMom

It is with another provider and comes up just fine on his phone.  The PM SIM will not work in my phone either - so there has to be something with the activation I am assuming??

ZachsMom

I can log into my son's account yes, see everything and it looks fine but nothing on my end with the phone.  I have reset the phone, reset the network connections etc.  Just will not work??

ZachsMom

Yes the phone is unlocked.  It's a newer iPhone and switching to other SIMS works just fine.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ZachsMom  it sounds to me like an activation issue. Did you have any issues  activating? Did you receive the welcome email?  Can you log into selfserve?

There is no call centre, you have already taken the steps needed by contacting the moderator team. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the following:

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @Luddite.
  2. Reset your network settings. iPhone preferences, navigate to "General," and then scroll down to the bottom where it says "Reset." Tap that, and then tap "Reset Network Settings. Once done, your phone should restart. If it didn't, restart it. If it worked, re-enter your wifi password if applicable,  Enable data,  sms amd mms to semd and receive from Android phones

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you know if the phone is unlocked?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ZachsMom wrote:

Okay - I signed my son up last night and spent 4 hours trying to figure his phone out, with Bell and Apple - there is nothing wrong with his iPhone - it works when I switch out my SIM and place in his phone.  It pulls my provider up w/o any issues - however, if I switch him SIM into my phone it also doesn't give me an active SIM.  I NEED HELP - - my son goes to school over and hour away from home and with COVID I need to be able to ensure he has the ability to get a hold of me immediately, not to mention I am now paying for a service I cannot use!

Is this a defective SIM or an activation issue on PM end?  PLEASE HELP me!  The customer service is really lacking with this company.  I need to speak with someone and yes I logged tickets last night!  Thank you!

@ZachsMom hi if your sim is with another provider and it works in his phone then his phone is probably locked to the same provider

ZachsMom

I have already done this - nothing works.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ZachsMom wrote:

@ZachsMom hello try a network reset with his sim in the phone 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@ZachsMom hi is your sim a public sim or with another provider? 

Need Help? Let's chat.