cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIM card error

AGOULET
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is activated. I insert the SIM card, but the iPhone continues to indicate "No SIM card", as if I had inserted nothing. I tried the SIM card on other phones: same error. I tried other SIM cards in my phone, they work. The problem is clearly with the PM SIM card I received. Can I get a new one?

thank you

AGoulet

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AGOULET wrote:

I googled but I cannot find the "self-serve Change SIM function "  Where is this?

Log in to the Public Mobile account self-serve under the My Account link in the top right.
To the right middle under My Profile there is a row of links. One of them is Change Sim Card...click it.
It will give you the last 4 digits of the currently registered SIM card.
Check to make sure those digits match the actual physical SIM card you have in your phone now. Unfortunately it doesn't show all the digits.
Let us know if it matches.

@AGOULET try restarting your device. also try using the sim in another unlocked phone, if you have one. to test the sim card

@AGOULET  That error sometimes is the result of your account not provisioning properly. Ask the moderator to reset your account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AGOULET wrote:

Hi

I activated the account today. I did not receive a text with my PIN. The iPhone continues to indicate "No SIM card". 

Follows the following Apple support article on fixing "No SIM card" issue

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420#:~:text=If%20you%20get%20an%20alert,the%20latest%20version%....

AGOULET

I googled but I cannot find the "self-serve Change SIM function "  Where is this?

AGOULET

Hi

I activated the account today. I did not receive a text with my PIN. The iPhone continues to indicate "No SIM card". 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@AGOULET welcome to PM.  Try these 2 things in order.

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.
  2. Reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Stay safe. 

@AGOULET wrote:

Mods does not understand the question. My Sim card just does not work. I need a new one. How can I order a new one? 

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

AGOULET

Mods does not understand the question. My Sim card just does not work. I need a new one. How can I order a new one? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Staliger wrote:

@AGOULET I think you better to contact mods and discuss the next steps. Click on ? on bottom right of the page and follow directions.

Compare the last 4 digits of the SIM in the self-serve Change SIM function to what you have on the actual SIM. Maybe you can see a typo. Unfortunately you can't see all digits.

I suppose you could also try the Change SIM and carefully type in the 19 digits. Note digits...no letters. Magnify it with your camera or binocs or hobby glasses or high strength reading glasses or a good old fashioned magnifying glass if you still have one kicking around.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@AGOULET wrote:

My account is activated. I insert the SIM card, but the iPhone continues to indicate "No SIM card", as if I had inserted nothing. I tried the SIM card on other phones: same error. I tried other SIM cards in my phone, they work. The problem is clearly with the PM SIM card I received. Can I get a new one?

thank you

AGoulet

Can you try cleaning the contacts on the SIM card with a pencil eraser and then see if that works. Could be a dirty contact.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@AGOULET 

when did you activate your SIM card. Sounds to me like it has just recently been activated, or activation has not gone through at all.

If activation has gone through you will get a text with your PIN from 611. let us know where you are at with activation. 

cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AGOULET I think you better to contact mods and discuss the next steps. Click on ? on bottom right of the page and follow directions.

Need Help? Let's chat.