cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW IPHONE SE

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hey everyone,

Not sure if you are in the market for a new phone, but I just got an email that Iphone is coming out with a new SE model, if you purchase it through apple you also get a free year of Apple TV. Just spreading the love.

Iphone SE  

**Note** This is not an affiliate code, I will not receive any bonus for sharing this info.** 

51 REPLIES 51

@LurganIeUk yeah you are so right on that! 

@Staliger maybe not like valuable to us. But to the people that LOVE  apple they will pay more for those products LOL

@Staliger wrote:

@Naepalm I am not sure that Apple products retain their value😅 They degrade over time (battery, speed, etc). Also, the company releases so many phones every year, and people run to buy new models. Of course, it is the case not only for Apple but also other manufacturers.

I don’t think any electronic device holds it’s value. There is always some one coming out with a better product due to competition. But I do believe we are being gouged no matter if it is an Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, Asus or HP etc. product. 

I found serenity in my life when I sold off my HP laptops with that every so annoying, defective and poorly developed Microsoft Windows 10. I moved to all second hand Apple products other than our iPads. I do like the inter connect ability amongst Apple products. Yes I know...I am a sucker. But I like...no freezing screen, no updates every day, and no continual reboots.   I have purchased many second hand iPhones for our use and others to repair and resell. Do they loose value, yes. What I have found, is an iPhone that is out of iOS updates or just about to be no longer update able......the ones that sell the best are the ones with higher memory. Higher memory for pics, music, etc as well it is still a phone, an iPod or a storage device. And perfect for a first phone, tourist, seasonal worker, or that parent that gently penalizes their child with a replacement as the brand new iPhone was  dropped  in the toilet or gets smashed. 

So think a bit bit before you buy that lowest price 16gb smartphone. Operating systems and apps are taking up more space. And lots of users are using the phone as a camera and their only storage for the pics are on that phone.  

@Staliger wrote:

@Naepalm Yes, phone looks not bad, but doesn't worth the price for its characteristics, just like all Iphones to my mind.

@computergeek541 right, Apple products are hugely overpriced. The company charges for its Brand instead of performance and specs. 

And Samsung phones are not???

@Naepalm wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I'm sure that this device would work fine for most users but question really comes down to if it is worth the price.

That is always the question with Apple products no? 

Right, built in obsolescence as at a certain point there will be no more iOS updates.  Odd enough when the new SE shows up the old one, this fall, will not be eligible for an iOS update. Apple is soooooo sneaky. 

But isn’t that same for Android too? At a point no more OS updates?

@Naepalm I am not sure that Apple products retain their value😅 They degrade over time (battery, speed, etc). Also, the company releases so many phones every year, and people run to buy new models. Of course, it is the case not only for Apple but also other manufacturers.

@jimbobs wrote:

Here go the Apple haters again!  Every time there is an Apple announcement, there is a predictable reaction along the lines of "I hate Apple products" or "Apple products are overpriced", etc etc  

As far as this product goes, for anybody who wants an Apple phone, in my opinion, this is a decent phone at a reasonable price and will sell well.

@jimbobs  I have to be honest I have been amongst those people for a very long time. But, I am trying to think and see things with an open mind. My current work kinda forced me into it because they all use Apple products for editing etc. So I have found you know what the phone is decent and for $599.00 for a brand new phone that is far less than any other mainstream phone like Samsung or Google. MY Huawei, which is only worth around 300.00 now when I bought it almost two years ago was 1400.00. Of course, it has dropped significant because of the whole Huawei scandal but still even in that many android phones do not hold up their value. 

@Staliger  one nice thing is they retain their value. It like buying a Jetta or buying a cavalier. You can still sell the Jetta for a decent price after 5 years. The cavalier you might as well light it on fire!LOL

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here go the Apple haters again!  Every time there is an Apple announcement, there is a predictable reaction along the lines of "I hate Apple products" or "Apple products are overpriced", etc etc  

As far as this product goes, for anybody who wants an Apple phone, in my opinion, this is a decent phone at a reasonable price and will sell well.

@Naepalm Yes, phone looks not bad, but doesn't worth the price for its characteristics, just like all Iphones to my mind.

@computergeek541 right, Apple products are hugely overpriced. The company charges for its Brand instead of performance and specs. 

@will13am 

Thank you good sir, I hope you are doing well during these unprecedented times.

Just having a quick peek making sure everyone is doing ok 🙂

33.jpg

@will13am wrote:

I am about as excited for the iPhone SE as getting a root canal.  Way overpriced.  @RobertQc , nice to see you come out of hiding.  Hope you are well. Stay safe.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am about as excited for the iPhone SE as getting a root canal.  Way overpriced.  @RobertQc , nice to see you come out of hiding.  Hope you are well. Stay safe.

Thanks for trying to help and pass along what some may call a sweet deal.

@Naepalm wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

No need to forward it to me. I honestly don't care nor do I have a stand on this. Just pointing out that its a pretty dirty link that has some sort of data in it. Likely the marketing team that forwarded it to you will get the credit for their metrics. For a true "no affiliate" suggestion, standards say you provide a clean link. But, I really don't care.

@Naepalm wrote:

Not sure? That was the address that linked from my email. @RobertQc  I can forward you the email if you want...The email came directly from my news letter InsideApple.Apple.com

Ah ok, I'll keep that in mind in the future, I honestly saw it and thought of this community so just cut and paste it from my browser. I noticed the long ending so I thought people might think I was getting affiliate points for it that's why I made that caveat Maybe next time I don't even say that...LOL

overall it was me wanting to help people in the community sorry if it came across as not that...

Thanks for the comment Robert

@RobertQc wrote:

No need to forward it to me. I honestly don't care nor do I have a stand on this. Just pointing out that its a pretty dirty link that has some sort of data in it. Likely the marketing team that forwarded it to you will get the credit for their metrics. For a true "no affiliate" suggestion, standards say you provide a clean link. But, I really don't care.

@Naepalm wrote:

Not sure? That was the address that linked from my email. @RobertQc  I can forward you the email if you want...The email came directly from my news letter InsideApple.Apple.com

Ah ok, I'll keep that in mind in the future, I honestly saw it and thought of this community so just cut and paste it from my browser. I noticed the long ending so I thought people might think I was getting affiliate points for it that's why I made that caveat Maybe next time I don't even say that...LOL

overall it was me wanting to help people in the community sorry if it came across as not that...

Thanks for the comment Robert

@RobertQc wrote:

@Naepalm wrote:

Iphone SE  

**Note** This is not an affiliate code, I will not receive any bonus for sharing this info.** 

What is all that jumble in the link you attached? Some may think there is an affiliate code in your link. https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se?cid=CDM-CA-DM-P0020104-446456&cp=em-P0020104-4464...

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se works just as well? Why not use this, actual clean link?

Found an answer online about java script and making of some emails, https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

So it looks like in order for the link to work in the format that Apple is using it has some javascript at the end of it. So your deduction that you can use the link you wrote out is correct. I'll test if the link you provided changes with the look on the page or data filled in when i click it. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I'm sure that this device would work fine for most users but question really comes down to if it is worth the price.

That is always the question with Apple products no? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.40.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.40.01 AM.png

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

Iphone SE  

What is all that jumble in the link you attached? Some may think there is an affiliate code in your link. https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se?cid=CDM-CA-DM-P0020104-446456&cp=em-P0020104-4464...

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se works just as well? Why not use this, actual clean link?

Need Help? Let's chat.