cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was stolen

Leonard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone has been stolen, I would like to know what i can do?

7 REPLIES 7

Darren4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's why I won't get an expensive phone. Could you imagine having the lastest $1500 Samsung10+, and having it stolen? 

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it is an Android phone and you use Google Services (ie Playstore, Gmail etc), just go to https://www.google.com/android/find

Or just type 'find my phone' into google if you're logged in to google services on the pc.

It will at least tell you the last known location before the theif disabled communications or you disabled the sim (or current position if the theif is dumb enough to leave wifi turned on).

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Leonard wrote:

What kind of phone is it?  If it's an iPhone (and assuming you've set up AppleID and enabled Find my iPhone), before suspending the account as recommended by others here, I would also recommend logging into your iCloud account and then remotely disabling the iPhone and then trying to locate it (will work as long as the thief hasn't disabled comms, and also assuming you have a data plan).  If you've set up an AppleID on it and added adequate security (passcode/TouchID to unlock), then the phone is pretty much useless to anyone who steals it.

If it's not an iPhone, then this post is irrelevant!

Mia90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can suspend your service by logging into your Self Serve account > Plan and Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone > Suspend Service.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry for you @Leonard 

@You can go in your self serve account and put your phone on lost stolen.. in plan/add-ons... when you will buy a new one you can click on found your phone and after you can change the number of your SIM card in same place.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Leonard wrote:

You will need to log in to your self serve and then go and report your phone lost/stolen through the link.  This will deactivate your SIM.  

ETA Ah beat again crazy slow computer

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Leonard wrote:

@Leonard 

Go to selfserve..click lost stolen..report it stolen..--added edit...thiswill disable the sim card...wont help with the phone..you will need to blacklist it...

Need Help? Let's chat.