cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was stolen in Mexico

Madjumper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my phone stolen while I was in Mexico and need to have the IMEI put on a blacklist. It says that only the service provider can accomplish this. How do I manage this ? I have the IMEI and have Samsung set that if the phone is powered on.. the phone will lock-up and display a message on how to get the reward with no questions asked.

I have already replaced the phone and sim card wasnt in the phone when it was taken.

Thanks for any help

7 REPLIES 7

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A blacklisted or stolen phone reported in Canada will still work in other countries I believe. 

If you do get it reported as stolen you should see it here. https://www.devicecheck.ca

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Are Mexicican telecommunication companies part of the GSM blacklist ? Thanks.

Wouldn't the Carrier lock asked for by @Madjumper , and implemented by Samsung be as effective?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Madjumper wrote:

I had my phone stolen while I was in Mexico and need to have the IMEI put on a blacklist. It says that only the service provider can accomplish this. How do I manage this ? I have the IMEI and have Samsung set that if the phone is powered on.. the phone will lock-up and display a message on how to get the reward with no questions asked.

I have already replaced the phone and sim card wasnt in the phone when it was taken.

Thanks for any help

@Madjumper 

If your phone was an Android device you might be able to find, lock, or erase a lost Android device. Click here for more info.

To bloaclist it you need to submit a ticket.

@Luddite wrote:

@Madjumper Try and dig out the IMEI of the stolen phone; maybe from the original box. PM may need it to blacklist your phone.

Since you have started using a new phone on PM, PM's record of your IMEI may already have been overwritten. Someone else may know for sure.

Historical information is never lost, at least not so soon.  I had a phone put on the blacklist based on network connection made almost 2 years prior.  At the time, the phone was actually being used on a competitors network.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Madjumper Try and dig out the IMEI of the stolen phone; maybe from the original box. PM may need it to blacklist your phone.

Since you have started using a new phone on PM, PM's record of your IMEI may already have been overwritten. Someone else may know for sure.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Madjumper wrote:

Thanks for any help

@Madjumper 

you will need to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Follow the steps below:

To Submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterward click on "No, I want a human and you will see a "Submit a ticket Click me!)
           Type a message describing the problem

Please note: It may take 24-48 hours for them to get in touch with you.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Madjumper wrote:

Thanks for any help

@Madjumper Here what you should do: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.