cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was listed as compatible but now it's not on the list.

amylynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am looking to switch 2 phones over to Public Mobile. My son's phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4, SGH-I747M. When I checked if it was compatible two weeks ago it was listed and was checked off as good. I bought our SIM cards and thought to double check and his phone isn't listed anymore. Does anyone have this type of phone or know if it is compatible or not before I activate his SIM card?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Go to any wireless kiosk at the mall or the Mobile Shop inside a Loblaw chain of stores. They provide service for all mobile carriers. They will tell you if the phone is compatible. It's the easy way and won't take long.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amylynn 

Your Samsung SGH-i747M Galaxy S III LTE 32GB should work with PM.  This phone may not always connected to LTE depending on the location your are using it at.  With support of 3G singal, your will be able to call, text and data.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/0YgtO/samsung-sgh-i747m-galaxy-s-iii-lte-32gb/t...

GR
Mayor / Maire

@amylynn  make sure you get both phones unlocked before coming to public mobile! 

amylynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fido

@amylynn wrote:

I am looking to switch 2 phones over to Public Mobile. My son's phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4, SGH-I747M. When I checked if it was compatible two weeks ago it was listed and was checked off as good. I bought our SIM cards and thought to double check and his phone isn't listed anymore. Does anyone have this type of phone or know if it is compatible or not before I activate his SIM card?

The SGH-I747m is actually a Galaxy S3.  It doesn't matter what that list says since it's either compatible or not.  The list is incomplete and only there as a guide.  The i747m variant is a Canadain model that was sold by Rogers, Bell, and Telus (among others).  It is compatible with Public Mobile assuming that it's either from Telus/Koodo or is unlocked.

@amylynn also don't forget a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new account and then use your referral code on your son's account so he'll get a 10$ credit too!    Welcome to public mobile 

I just googled and frequencies seem to be good

It is 3g one that is used for calling and that I've is just right

4g for data should be good too, at least most of the places, but 3g should be able to kick in any time in the area with towers that use different 4g frequencies.

What area are you in?

3g bandsHSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands

LTE band 4(1700/2100), 17(700)

GR
Mayor / Maire

@amylynn it should be!  With which provider is he now? 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You could first activate yours and try it in his phone

But I think it should

Need Help? Let's chat.