cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone stopped working, can't log on...

JCKelowna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service just stopped today. I tried my wife's sim card for public mobile and it worked. I tried to log on to see if anything was posted, and nothing... Any idea what's going on?

18 REPLIES 18

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What happens when you try to reset password?

@JCKelownaIt sounds like your plan has gone totally inactive. Are you sure your renewal date has not passed recently? (ie Autopay might had failed) and everything is up to date?

Contacting the moderator to figure out what happened is the only diagnostic step left. Do tell them of your predicatement, with your SIM card #, phone number, etc. So they won't send you a verification link that requires use of SMS (obviously won't work).

Once you have regained access to the seflserve account, I would double check to see if your last 4 digits of your SIM card matches that on file.

JCKelowna

I have restarted after sim card out. My wife tried calling and it said the number is temporarily out of service.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you try to reset your password?

Did you try your sim card in another phone?

@JCKelowna What happnes if you put your SIM card into your wife's phone? Do you get service?

Also what happens when you dial your phone number from another phone? That can determine whether the account is still active or not.

@JCKelowna wrote:

Couldn't dial *611 or 611. Says no mobile

I'm guessing you've already tried removing your sim and waiting a few mins and re-inserting it.  Then rebooting your phone?

JCKelowna

Couldn't dial *611 or 611. Says no mobile

@JCKelownaYou can add more $ via vouchers or a credit card on file via *611.

@JCKelowna wrote:

Is there a way to add money as suggested above? I think I'd have to log in for that.

Can you call 611?

@JCKelownaCan you dial your phone number on your wife's phone and see what happens? Can you dial *611 on your phone?

What is the exact message from the account error message?

JCKelowna

Is there a way to add money as suggested above? I think I'd have to log in for that.

@JCKelowna wrote:

Brutal. just brutal.

Agree, not a great time with the wait time issue to be having problems that only moderators can fix.

JCKelowna

Brutal. just brutal.

@JCKelowna wrote:

No phone and not able to log into account because it says it is locked.

You'll need to send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hearing back is taking over 3 days right now, unfortunately.

JCKelowna

No phone and not able to log into account because it says it is locked.

Melissa-H77

Do you mean your phone can not connect to the network or you can’t log on you your self serve account? If you can log into your account, what does the status of your account say? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JCKelowna wrote:

My service just stopped today. I tried my wife's sim card for public mobile and it worked. I tried to log on to see if anything was posted, and nothing... Any idea what's going on?

Try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend, log out.  Wait at least 5 mins, log back in and report phone found.  Reboot phone and see if it resets the account/sim.

One other thing to try is topping up your account with $1 and restart your phone.  This has also been known to reset the account.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JCKelownaI assume you are also on Public Mobile. Have you tried logging into your own selfserve account to see if your account is active? What kind of service stop? Do you mean you still see Public Mobile displayed as your provider? or just phone/text/data doesn't work?

Need Help? Let's chat.