cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone show no service

nikkylee917
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have already activated my sim card but my phone still says no service.

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nikkylee917 wrote:

@nikkylee917  could your phone be locked to its previous provider?

Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you.

You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@nikkylee917 wrote:

oops too late, OP already accepted solution

Have a wonderful weekend ya'll

RosieR

@nikkylee917 

Just to confirm, you activated a NEW Public Mobile SIM card, correct?  Just want to be certain you weren't attempting to try to activate a used SIM.   

Where did you acquire the SIM card? 

If your phone works on Telus before, it should work here.

He mentioned your SIM has problem, if so, you need to get a new SIM instead  Why would the chat support direct you to here, he should ask you to get a new SIM.  

You really should get a friend's phone to test it out.  If it also not work on another phone, then it's really the SIM or the account issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikkylee917 : Can you USB-connect to a computer with iTunes with internet access and check for updates and such.

nikkylee917

My phone is an iPhone xs max. I have already paid for the plan. I waited for 5 days but still, it's still not working.

nikkylee917

I don't have another phone but before I used a prepaid sim card from Telus on my phone and it worked. I just check my phone, in the setting, it said the network is not available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikkylee917 : What make/model/submodel phone? Can you try the SIM in another phone? Can you log in to your account? Did payment go through?

nikkylee917

I tried just now but it still shows no service. Just now, I chat on the live chat and they said my sim card have problem and lead me to here.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Did you just activate your account?

The activation can take an hour.  Keep rebooting your phone.  You might also want to take the SIM out , wipe a bit and put it back and power on and see.  But again, activation, although usually quick, can take an hour sometime

And if you are porting your number into PM, the porting process can take 2-4 hours.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nikkylee917 

Try:

• rebooting phone
  • removing and reinserting SIM card
  • toggling airplane mode off/on
  • resetting network settings

IF you're porting your number from another provider, make sure you've left the old SIM card in device to be able to receive and respond YES to the SMS port authorization request to enable the port to occur.

Need Help? Let's chat.