cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone got stolen and I need my phone imei # for police report.

atashi-chan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, as I already said in title, my phone was just stolen last night and I have suspended my account and I am about to get a new phone with a new sim card.

I need to file a police report and they require my old phone's IMEI number. I have tried Google Find My Device and there is not IMEI number there. I also tried Google Dashboard to find my android devices and that only provides me with the model number. So my last resort is you guys and I really hope maybe there is a document of my IMEI number somewhere in your files.

Please help!

12 REPLIES 12

ACO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to find mine on google dahsboard. One person's earlier response said it was something that used to be available on google...On Oct 4 2019 I just found mine, so I think it still is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jannsen wrote:

I got my phone stolen and reported it as stolen/lost on the Public Mobile website a couple of days ago. However, although my phone line was blocked immediately after clicking the button, my stolen phone's IMEI is still listed as not blocked in www.devicecheck.ca up until today.

It seems, taking in consideration the time it takes to register a stolen phone's IMEI number, stealing cells phones from Telus/Public Mobile is a good business as it takes so long to register as stolen that there is enough time to sell the device before it is black listed.

😞

Seems the mods are responding well these days. Did you send them a ticket/pm asking for the imei of the last known device the SIM was in?

Did you check the blacklist checker in the Get Started link top of this page? That would at least block the phone from Telus etc.

Jannsen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my phone stolen and reported it as stolen/lost on the Public Mobile website a couple of days ago. However, although my phone line was blocked immediately after clicking the button, my stolen phone's IMEI is still listed as not blocked in www.devicecheck.ca up until today.

It seems, taking in consideration the time it takes to register a stolen phone's IMEI number, stealing cells phones from Telus/Public Mobile is a good business as it takes so long to register as stolen that there is enough time to sell the device before it is black listed.

😞

atashi-chan

Oh horray there is hope! Thanks so much for your help everyone, especially for the long and well-thought out responses! I have already PM'ed mods and gotten a response. Thank you so very much everyone! 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MarieHelene_L.  That's important for everyone to know.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi guys! 

Just to let everyone know for future reference - we do have the IMEI information! Anytime you enter your SIM in a new device (unlocked or on Telus network), the IMEI of the device in question shows up on our end. So yes, even if you just insert your SIM in your friend's phone to test for a few seconds, we will get this IMEI as well 🙂

Also note that we have access to all the IMEI that were connected to the SIM card, not just the latest. 

Hope this helps!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I dont think PM has the IMEI information. Sad to hear the news

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@atashi-chan; Any chance you still have the original box it came in?  It is often printed on the label.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The Google dashboard used to show device IMEI number.  That was removed.  I suspect it's a security thing.  

I'm also not sure whether PM has access to your device's IMEI.

But there are some other ways to obtain your IMEI ...

The IMEI is always noted somewhere on the packaging, manual/booklet, or receipt which came with the device when it was purchased (new).  If you purchased it from a cellular provider then the IMEI is sometimes also specified in the contract you had with them.

If you unlocked the device yourself then you might still have the IMEI recorded in any emails you submitted to the unlock code vendor.

The IMEI might be saved within any backups you've made of your device/data.  Extracting this information (without having the device handy) might be problematic.  And it depends on which device model/brand, operating system, backup program, and backup settings you used.  If you ever used programs like iTunes, LG PC Suite, or iCopyBot to sync your device with your computer then you probably have a "backup" (copy of all the synced data) automatically cached in a subfolder somewhere ... and you might be able to see the latest "snapshot" of this data (through the sync app) without actually needing to connect the device.

atashi-chan

Thanks for the swift reply, I will message them right now. I really hope they do have it on file but if they don't.. well.. I guess the thieves get my phone for free without any consequences. 😞

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if they keep this in their system.

Contact @CS_Agent using private message to see if they can help

Need Help? Let's chat.