cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone cannot make or receive calls

NW1officeEOPMG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have activated my account, and everything seems okay. However, when I try to make a call, it says 'Not Registered to Network' and when I try to call in, it automatically goes to a pre-recorded voicemail for the number that should be registered to my phone. 

5 REPLIES 5

@NW1officeEOPMG wrote:

I have activated my account, and everything seems okay. However, when I try to make a call, it says 'Not Registered to Network' and when I try to call in, it automatically goes to a pre-recorded voicemail for the number that should be registered to my phone. 

Even if you had no signal or had the wrong network selected, someone calling you wouldn't usually hear a messagge such as not in service 

By "pre-recorded voicemail", do you mean just an automated message with some type of error message, or someone else's voicemail box? Or is it your own voicemail?  One indicates a signal issue, while one indicates you number possibly being ported out.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NW1officeEOPMG , is your phone set up to automatically connect to a mobile network.  Make sure it is not set to manually connect to a selected network.  The manual setting is problematic in that if the correct network is not selected, the phone will not attempt a connection to the correct network.  Correct network means network associated with the SIM card inserted into the phone.  The error message you are getting is associated with the phone not connecting to the Public Mobile network.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NW1officeEOPMG wrote:

@NW1officeEOPMG  If your account is active and you have tried restarting your phone and that error is still showing on your device more than likely it means that your phone has been blacklisted. Is that a new phone?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check the status.  Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NW1officeEOPMG wrote:

Can you text in/out? Browse the internet? MMS?

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.