cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dad's phone doesn't work after change number. I take the sim out of the phone too, still not work

tianguyen77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

23 REPLIES 23

samyg

Thanks for your help Jb456! And yes my account is in good standing autopay already collected the payment for this month

samyg

Thanks for your help! I'll PM first then.

@samyg wrote:

I know you guys are costumers. So you recommend open up another ticket?

@samyg 

You could just respond via private message to the moderator that was helping you out yesterday and mention that the troubleshooting advice did not work.  If no response within a day or so, then you can open another ticket.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@samyg If your account status is in good standing and active and as you said a moderator was working on your account yesterday for serval hours and it still not working then they will have to continue there investigation on your issue. Since the message is saying your number is not in service and nothing else is working on your phone.

Then it's probably best to open a ticket for moderators.

samyg

I know you guys are costumers. So you recommend open up another ticket?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@samyg You will need the assistance of the moderators to help with your issues. We can't. We are just customers like you.

Open another ticket for moderators to investigate your issue.

Simon.JPG

Or private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I understand you changed your number? So likely the system will not let you do another change because it only allows 1 change per 30 days. So the moderators need to be contacted to sort the issue out.

These are the only ways to contact the moderators. Standard response time is 24/48 hours but usually alot quicker.

I hope you'll get a resolution quickly.

samyg

I already had got a ticket last Friday to resolve this issue, yesterday a moderator looked at my case thought day and followed all the recommended troubleshouting. When I call my new number it say number not in service error 6UM1 and I also can't call, send sms and use mobile data

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@samyg to reach moderators

Simon.JPG

Or send them a private message at this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

samyg

Hi, is it a moderator who resolved your issue? I have the same problem and tried all the suggestion for this post with no luck. Yesterday a moderator worked on my case during several hours still no luck. I wish I could change again the number to a new one gain but it doesn't let me doing so..

tianguyen77

Thank you so much

@tianguyen77 wrote:

All service doesn't work. Incoming/outgoing, text, even 611 doesn't work too. But his account appear new number. 

@tianguyen77 

Try changing the phone number again, if it lets you.

Contact the Moderators_Team via private message using this link.

Hope this gets figured out!

tianguyen77

All service doesn't work. Incoming/outgoing, text, even 611 doesn't work too. But his account appear new number. 

tianguyen77

Yes. Same service, but until not working 

@tianguyen77 

This is a case for the moderators to solve....follow @gpixel instructions to contact them. And as advised keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

But out of interest.....the phone doesn't work....how? No incoming/outgoing calling? Texting? Data? What happens when you call the phone number you chose? Does 611 work?

@tianguyen77 contact customer support here

type "change number fail"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tianguyen77 

Just so we're clear...you did a change number of the 10 digit phone number to another 10 digit phone number right?... Not change SIM number?

tianguyen77

Still doesn't work

@tianguyen77 reset the network's settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

tianguyen77

It's IPhone X

tianguyen77

No, he's been in the service for a year. This is the first time he change the number

@tianguyen77 did he just activate his service? you can only change numbers once every 30 days

tianguyen77

Still doesn't work 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@tianguyen77 t

• enable/disable lost/stolen mode in your self serve
  • enable/disable airplane mode
  • restart your device
  • reset network settings

whats the make and model of the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.