Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cell can't access mobile data

joeli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Simon,

My cell can't access mobile data. It worked with fido before.t

Maybe my account setting issue (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)?

Thanks,

editesd by computergeek541: phone number removed

7 REPLIES 7

marjolaine_b

Hello Joe,

Would you please be able to explain a bit in detail about your problem.

I would like to check if you have your data option switched off in your phone. Alternatively have you tried switching a sim from a different provider to ensure that the data is being accessed?

joeli

I tried it, but the phone still did not access the data.
My phone is ZTE Axon from Fido.
Thanks,

Joe Li

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@joeli SIMon is the chat bot, not people in the forum's. I suggest to read the community guidelines. to better protect yourself

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Guidelines-amp-Terms-of-Service/m...

it would help everybody to provide the make and model of the device. and the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far

I tried it, but the phone still did not access the data.
My phone is ZTE Axon from Fido.
Thanks,

*if your device is a dual sim try using the other slot. if you have another device try installing the sim in there to determine if it's your phone.  if Fido's settings are still stored in the phone, try to delete them. other than that a factory reset may be your last option

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joeli ,

You have posted on the public Community forum. To contact Public Mobile Representatives you must submit a ticket directly to them OR though SIMon the chat bot.

Have you tried:

• rebooting your phone
  • removing and reinserting your SIM, reboot
  • going into airplane mode for a few minutes, then turning it off

Also, ensure your data is enabled/turned on:

How to turn on Mobile Data

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joeli 

The APN settings is not correct. 

Try a simple procedure to configure your APN setting automatically first before manually configure the APN settings.

With your PM SIM card insert in your phone and data enable.  Turn off your phone.  Wait 1 minutes,  Turn on your phone to let your phone to configure your APN.

If you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset after switching provider before your data working again.  If network reset does not work, you need to bacvk up your data and do a factory reset on your LG phone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@joeli  we are not Simon. Simon is the chat bot.

Do you have an android phone? If yes check your APN settings on your phone.

Add these.

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

 save and reboot 

If they don't work try these 

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

If it's an iPhone let us know.

Also remove your number as @JoyLuck mentioned. This is a public forum everyone can see it.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@joeli 

Choose 3 vertical dots and edit out your phone number. This is a public forum.dots.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.