cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My Phones say "Unregistered Sim" or "Emergency Calls Only"

First thing to try is powering down your device and removing the sim card and, if possible, the battery Wait a minute and then reinstall the sim and battery. Restart your device.

Didn't work?

Check and be sure you're not in Airplane or Flight Mode.

Still not working?

Navigate to your settings and mobile network settings.

Be sure that:
Network Selection is set to Automatic
USE 2G Only or USE GSM ONLY isn't selected

Network type typically should be "GSM\WCDMA PREFERRED"

Still not working?

Change NETWORK SELECTION to Manual
The device will perform a scan which could take up to 2 minutes. You'll be presented with a list of available networks. Choose Koodo, Telus, or Public Mobike from this list.

Note: Doing this disables international roaming. Should you ever want to roam in the future you'll need to change this setting back to automatic

If your device still isn't working, check and be sure your bill is paid up and then give Tech support a call. It's free.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: My Phones say "Unregistered Sim" or "Emergency Calls Only"

It still say my phone still do not work
Mayor / Maire

@sammyoesr,

What is the brand, model of your phone and where did you purchase it ?

Can you verify in your self serve account if your status show : ACTIVE

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone have the same issue. I followed the steps, however in the step below:

Change NETWORK SELECTION to Manual
The device will perform a scan which could take up to 2 minutes. You'll be presented with a list of available networks. Choose Koodo, Telus, or Public Mobike from this list.

I can only find WIND 3G and Rogers 2G, there is no PM on the lost.

what should I do? plz help.

Retraité / Retired

Hello @haifengwng,

I'm sorry to see that you aren't able to connect to the network.

Are you using an unlocked device?

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Mayor / Maire

@haifengwng welcome to the Public Mobile community!  Can you confirm the phone make and model?  It sounds like you may have a phone that is not compabile with Public Mobile's [Telus'] network, OR, that it may be locked to another carrier.  But given that you see both Wind and Rogers, I'd say it's probably incompatible bands.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another thing to check if you get "Unregistered SIM", go to this website and enter your IMEI:

http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/

This is to make sure in the odd case your phone is not blacklisted.

Mayor / Maire

Thanks for that, @tonyzhang!

@haifengwng would you be able to update us when you have a moment, whether you were able to get this resolved?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If it is a new sim that it takes  24 hour to 48 hours for activation of sim card. You can select manual selection of operator under network setting and wait for 2 minute phone will list available gsm network then select the network you want to register.

Here is most possible reason is the original owner might have not paid any due amount or some one complaint about the phone from insurance company that it is lost or stolen.

Mayor / Maire

@galaxyunlock you just replied to a thread that was last active 11 months ago.  I think this has probably been resolved one way or anohter by now.  FYI.