cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Motor G is stuck on the Globe picture and won't turn on or off

thevinnew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Motor G, which is approximately one year old, has stopped working. It won't turn on or off and is stuck on the Globe with the Motor G message beneath it. Help. I need my pictures and videos and my phone has a password lock. What should I do?

27 REPLIES 27

If so, I'd suggest you try there.

Other than that, My only suggestion: Purchase a new Handset

Do you know any 3rd party cell repair center near you?

thevinnew

No. He was not able to do so.

If not, the tech should had done that to see if that resolves your issues

There maybe an internal issue with the phone

Has the Koodo Tech been able to at least, remove the screw and battery and then reinserting it back in?

thevinnew

Thanks for all the suggestions. A little more info may help. I drained the battery and then recharged it, and then turned it on. Went to the Koodoo store and the tech there tried to do a battery reboot and as there is a password, it doesn't seem to be possible. Also, tried to turn off the phone, it goes off, and them comes back on withing a second. It will not properly turn off. The tech said the password needs to be removed before a reboot could be done... Any suggestion would be appreciated from this totally non-techie.

tsk, so intuitive, lol

@Martin Dang, just when I was getting the hang of it! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ONLY by 3 Generations LOL

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

The Mother Ship beamed it up, leaving you with an outdated model. 😞

I don't know.

Ask the Android that. I'm rather curious myself

Wonder what @thevinnew thinks of all this chatter.

BTW Android gurus if it is a battery issue, would using the phone while on the charger demonstrate the problem?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

As I have said before, if I am not 100% certain, I say nothing as my credibility is crucial.

Further, I am not in favour of attempted phone repair by a non-expert, which could very well lead to the phone becoming junk.

@Martin, If @thevinnew doesn't have the correct Screw Driver, How much for that, and where can he purchase it from?

@Martin Whoops, forgot that possibility. Where is that colander when I need it, anyway?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

A new Motorola Moto G battery, plus labour, costs $25 to $30, and takes less than 30 minutes to replace. Compare that to do-it-yourself, plus voiding the warranty, and it's clear that the former option is more desirable.

FYI.

Telus/Koodo/PM

HSPA+4G Network Frequency Spectrum:

3G:  850/1900 MHZ
3G is the BARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT for Talk + Text + Data

4G LTE:  1700/2100 MHZ
Some Phones might NOT be able to do Talk while on LTE, So depending on your device, go into your settings,  look for more, click, then look for Cellular Networks, Click, then look for Preferred Network Type, That's where you can choose between your 3G and 4G LTE settings

4G LTE Advanced:  700 MHZ
(Note: This specific Frequency is currently UNAVAILABLE, Currently being assembled; Also ONLY devices with THIS Built-In WILL be able to take full advantage of THIS; OLDER devices Will NOT Work on THIS

If you choose to bring your own phone, MAKE sure That it has these frequencies, and ALSO Unlocked.

If you choose to bring your own phone, MAKE sure That it has these frequencies, and ALSO Unlocked.

There are a number of places where you can purchase Unlock codes, Here's a list below:

If you need a New Handset, Here's some places that you can look at:

Telus (Online)

Apple

Google

Blackberry (BBM)

One + One

Alcatel

Costco

Google Nexus

Microsoft Store

@thevinnew, If you don't have the certain Screw Driver head that fits, then perhaps you should consider taking it to a Repair Center

IF you have the Special Screw Driver, and Know what you're doing, YOU CAN

NOT SURE IF, and ONLY IF, WARRANTY IS STILL IN EFFECT, and by removing Battery that way, since Battery requires a Special Screw Driver, Would it VOID Warranty

That makes it more difficult for sure. Need a repair shop then?

Plus, a special Screw Driver maybe needed to remove the Li-on Battery

@Luddite, The Moto G Battery is NOT as simple to remove

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try taking the battery out for a few minutes then try to restart your phone. If it comes back up, it would be good to make a back up of everything immediately, and also charge it if low.

How much battery is left in the Moto G?

If nothing happens, Either the Internal Battery is History, or some other internal part in the Moto G is not functioning

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Try pressing on the power button for a min, see if that may help

Need Help? Let's chat.