cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Galaxy A71 isn't getting security patch updates.

hadika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

last month I bought a new phone, but I noticed that I wasn't getting any new updates which I am supposed to get. I went to Samsung customer support and they told me my carrier is supposed to push the updates. so can someone explain how I can get the latest updates for my phone?

8 REPLIES 8

hadika

I see, thank's a lot.

@hadika  as per the link I gave you. Telus is only pushing the A71 security update tomorrow June 30th. You might get it tomorrow or a few days later as Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

I have a few Huawei P30s on Public Mobile from Koodo which is also owned by Telus. I use the same link to follow the updates. I can confirm my last security update was May 27th as listed on the Telus link.

hadika

I have tried to look for new updates in settings, it said that the latest update is installed on my phone and that it's the February 2020 security patch

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@hadika have you tried going into settings and clicked "software update" to see if there is any available?

you can also manually flash the update to your phone using Odin

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a71/faq/firmware-flash/

hadika

Thank you

hadika

Do you mind sending me a link to this list?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Considering public mobile does not sell phones you'd have to look towards the carrier you bought the phone from or when around they push there update in hopes it will be same day an update would be pushed to your phone. Same as if you just bought it outright and not through carrier.

Since Telus owns Public Mobile I looked up there update list for you.

You should get an update after June 30 maybe a bit later but Telus says the update will be pushed to customers on the 30th for your brand of phone.

Screenshot_20200629_153648.jpg

Regards

JB

Need Help? Let's chat.