cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Data doesn't work! iPhone 4s Version 8.4

abraham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently changed my plan to have data, But i dont have interent access!! i tried to read the disscussions and change the APN with unlockit.co.nz, no results!!

Does someone know how to solve this issue?

thnk you,

12 REPLIES 12

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @vrance,

If you're seeking the Android with the default
APN, it's any generation of the Moto G. Quite possibly, other Androids have the default settings, but I wish to speak from personal experience: I have 2 2013 Moto G phones, and 1 2015 Moto G unit.

FYI.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi All,  I have both Android and Iphone, and most phones I need to setup APN.  I recall one Android phone has the correct default APN setup, and iphone after IOS 9.0.2 will download the updated carrier setting.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 this phone has never been carrier-locked, it's an unlocked "developer edition" first gen Moto X (xt1053) ordered from e-bay. I guess I've just been lucky!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hi @srlawren,

It may also depends on which carrier your phone was locked to in the past, and also the rom.  Many Android phones, including mine, did not automatically pick up the correct APN.  One of my android phones downloaded telus APN automatically.. and I had to manually set the correct APN.  

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

No worries about the confusion!

I think of a SIM card as the keystone in an arch. On one side is the network, and, on the other, the phone. When the keystone is inserted, the arch is complete and the network-phone connection becomes functional. In effect, the keystone is the notifier of the network of what the phone's APN are. If they are correct, one has service. If incorrect, there's no service.

Food for thought.

srlawren

Hi @Martin.  Hmm, weird.  Maybe the APN settings get detected from the network, then.  In any event, my point was that Android seems to automatically pick up the right APN settings for the network (from whatever source?) without needing to manually input or tweak the APN settings, and I was surprised the iOS/iPhone doesn't do the same.  Sorry for any confusion!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Perhaps I misunderstood your post, but a brand-new PM SIM card does not have any APN embedded in it.

srlawren

Odd that iPhone doesn't automatically get the settings from the SIM card.  I don't believe I've ever had to much with the APN settings on my Android phone, it just seems to pick up the right APN info whenever I change SIM cards (Telus -> Roam Mobility, Roam Mobility -> Telus, Telus -> PM, so far)

tylejami335
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there! 

I recently joined Public Mobile, and I bought the brand new iPhone 6S Plus.

My data was also not working. 

You have to go into your data settings, and change the APN yourself to have it work with the network.

Here's a link for you to try: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#...

Feel free to come back if you're still having problems.

- Tyler J

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @abraham, did u install the profile generated by unlockit.co.nz?  A lot of people just click the website without actually install the profile into the iphone.

wm1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

setting  your phone apn,search apn on the community ,you will find out how to set

Need Help? Let's chat.