cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia message- text that cannot be downloaded or open

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I keep getting a text that says

Multimedia message is arrived. Recieved question mark  (which is wrong use of English)

with a downlad button.

But when press the download button it says

``currenly unavailable for download please try again later``

I will keep trying but nothing happens, same thing. I try lots of time. I wait until later at night and still the same.

Does anyone have a clue what this is about.

Most of the MMS message this aquaintace I`ve been working with sent so far is 1kb.

The one sent today is 300kb

I guessing that the person is not attaching anthing to the so called multimedia to the mesage.

Does anyone know why I cannot downlad it, and what is going on. I have a data plan thats connected and working and I have enough sacee space to dowlaod these files. I dont have a lot of space but enough space

I told the aquaintance that sent me the first one that I recived it but my phone is old and will probably not be able to recive these kind of files. I actaully can recieve these files just not big huge video attached messsage, as I though it might have had somthing to do with system operations space but the file is 1kb.

At first I though that it be that they might be using a apple phone but that doesnt make sense, as it happened it the past from a person that had apple phone so I assumed, and which does not make sense. But this personsent me a few regular text messages the day before today without the multimedia dowlaod button.

Just wondering why these wont download,  and it they are real files or just blank files.

10 REPLIES 10

Bubba

Yes thats what I meant You have to have the data button aka internet acess on. For me it did not download through wifi.

I`m confused with all the things I read, and what diffrent people used, and will have to wait until I get another meassage to really sort it out 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bubba wrote:

seems lots of people have issues with these types of messages, and different things work for differnt people.

This was the solution I found for my phone.

I went into my text message  app without a message open.

went into settings controlling texting.

in settings I went into multimedai message.

then I unchecked Auto-retrive.

I dont really know if that was the problem or not

or maybe in the past I didnt have data or have it turned on.

TO BE ABLE TO RETRIEVE THESE MULTIMEDIA MESSAGES YOU HAVE TO HAVE DATA ACCESS AND HAVE IT ON.

For some reason I dont think it works with wifi, you have to have data, and have your data turned on.

You don't actually have to have data in your plan. Just cell data has to be on to tx/rx MMS.

Glad you got it going.

Bubba

seems lots of people have issues with these types of messages, and different things work for differnt people.

This was the solution I found for my phone.

I went into my text message  app without a message open.

went into settings controlling texting.

in settings I went into multimedai message.

then I unchecked Auto-retrive.

I dont really know if that was the problem or not

or maybe in the past I didnt have data or have it turned on.

TO BE ABLE TO RETRIEVE THESE MULTIMEDIA MESSAGES YOU HAVE TO HAVE DATA ACCESS BUTTON TURNED ON.

Bubba

Yeah I know. Just wanted to see if anyone knew off the top of their help , and maybe help some people get some extra point rewards.  thanks eveyone will look into it on google

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bubba:

Google around using the error messages you get. I found a couple possibilities. I'm still betting on the typos indicating nefarious MMS though.

Bubba

yes I somethimes forget to turn on the datsa, as the data seems to burn the battries faster.

But but I have been doing that but the same happens

Bubba

its a old LG Optimus L9. Its been in the case since I got it ( explains why I still have it) and I  dont use using social media, so its okay as I have a 30 gig card.

lemew07

@Bubba wrote:

I keep getting a text that says

Multimedia message is arrived. Recieved question mark  (which is wrong use of English)

with a downlad button.

But when press the download button it says

``currenly unavailable for download please try again later``

I will keep trying but nothing happens, same thing. I try lots of time. I wait until later at night and still the same.

Does anyone have a clue what this is about.

Most of the MMS message this aquaintace I`ve been working with sent so far is 1kb.

The one sent today is 300kb

I guessing that the person is not attaching anthing to the so called multimedia to the mesage.

Does anyone know why I cannot downlad it, and what is going on. I have a data plan thats connected and working and I have enough sacee space to dowlaod these files. I dont have a lot of space but enough space

I told the aquaintance that sent me the first one that I recived it but my phone is old and will probably not be able to recive these kind of files. I actaully can recieve these files just not big huge video attached messsage, as I though it might have had somthing to do with system operations space but the file is 1kb.

At first I though that it be that they might be using a apple phone but that doesnt make sense, as it happened it the past from a person that had apple phone so I assumed, and which does not make sense. But this personsent me a few regular text messages the day before today without the multimedia dowlaod button.

Just wondering why these wont download,  and it they are real files or just blank files.

Hey there how you doing. Have you gone into setting connection data usage and turned on mobile data you will not be able to send or recieve text with pictures if this not turned on. Hope this helps Cheers Lemew 

Let us know how it works out

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What kind of phone are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bubba:

The typos would make me leery. Nasty things have been known to be delivered via MMS. No way a professional, standardized, automated system would have typos in it.

But when you say data, do you mean wifi/internet or cell data/internet?

Need Help? Let's chat.