cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved sim cards to iphone 11 and it is now not working

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Moved sim card from iphone 6 to iphone 11.

Getting a message that says Sim not supported. I bought the phone from a used site. Is the phone locked and if so how can I unlocked. The phone was in a sealed box. Why would the phone be locked?

11 REPLIES 11

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@metropublic @Jb456 

So I took a guess on the carrier and called Bell’s toll free line to see if the phone was locked to their network. They said it was. I said why is that when all phones sold are suppose to be unlocked. They said the phone was purchased on contract so they locked it. I asked them to unlock it because the seller has a different phone and it does not make a difference since they are still getting their monthly payments from him. They said only the seller can call in to have that done. I told them about the CRTC rules that all requests to have their phone unlocked must be honoured. They said they have their own rules to follow. I called the seller and he phoned the store where he purchase it from and it became unlocked in a couple of hours. Thank goodness my PM sim works now and Bell really sucks.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@metropublic @Jb456 

Okay I am doing this now.

@JK8  yes please update all things that needs to be updated. Then reboot phone and see if anything changes.

Let us know!

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JK8 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@JK8  where was this "used" site located? In USA by chance? .. providers in USA have different lock/unlock restrictions that are different from Canada.

You probably should contact the used site you bought phone from and inquire.

I connected it to itunes. It says an update to your carrier settings are available would you like to download it now.

Should I do this?

@JK8  Yes.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@JK8  where was this "used" site located? In USA by chance? .. providers in USA have different lock/unlock restrictions that are different from Canada.

I connected it to itunes. It says an update to your carrier settings are available would you like to download it now.

Should I do this?

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JK8 wrote:

Moved sim card from iphone 6 to iphone 11.

Getting a message that says Sim not supported. I bought the phone from a used site. Is the phone locked and if so how can I unlocked. The phone was in a sealed box. Why would the phone be locked?

@JK8  That means that your device is locked. You need to get the phone unlocked talk to the seller and ask them to get it unlocked he can get it unlocked by providing the device's IMEI number to the provider that the phone was activated on.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Pretty sure recent devices come unlocked by default. Did you buy from a reputable site? Check https://www.imei.info/ to make sure it's not reported as lost or stolen by someone else.

It came back clean.

Another one is up top under Get Started and open up the compatibility thing and then use the checker thing.

That says not stolen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Pretty sure recent devices come unlocked by default. Did you buy from a reputable site? Check https://www.imei.info/ to make sure it's not reported as lost or stolen by someone else.

It came back clean.

Another one is up top under Get Started and open up the compatibility thing and then use the checker thing.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mh1983 wrote:

It came back clean.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.