cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola phone

mike112
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just received a new SIm card for my new Motorola Phone and can't open the tray to install the Sim card

17 REPLIES 17

mike112

Thanks for all the suggestions.. Luckily I have a friend who has a proper pin to open it. My phone didn't come with one and after trying a paper clip, a sewing needle, the "official" pin was the only thing that worked! I just wish that my phone had come with the "official" pin, which would have saved a lot of aggravation.

Hi @mike112 I find that Best Buy sales people are the best to give help.  They are not on commission so the sales people are just standing around ready to help customers.  I always go there for help and they had been so very helpful to me.  Of course, I'm old and frail and most people want to help granny.  🤣

Have a wonderful day

RosieR

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mike112 

Take it to a Koodo or Telus store - they'll be able to pop it open

See this,  @mike112 

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS151308

New SIM card for New Phone.... are you just activating service with Public Mobile or existing customer getting a new phone? If you get the SIM card tray open you would just move your existing SIM card to the new phone. They send a new card with phones purchased from PM but you don’t necessarily need it. Can use it to help get yourself a referral in the future if you don’t activate it.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mike112 : I liken it to being like the manual cd tray opener. Push in the tool until it hits something. Then press that little bit harder to pop out the tray. Hopefully it's the only thing that looks like it could be a tray.

@mike112 

that's possible

maybe purchase a phone from amazon.ca instead of public mobile

mike112

Thanks for all the good suggestions but I think there may be a problem with the release for the tray

@mike112 

Sometimes you have to push a little harder than you think you should.

mike112

Yes. When I turn the phone on it shows the tray on the left side of the face and there is a pin hole but I can't get it to open. It should just pop out but doesn't

@mike112 use a sewing thread needle. it needs to be long and narrow to release the tray. it should feel like pressing a button

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here are instructions with a diagram.

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS151308

@mike112 

Its definetly the sim card tray and not the microphone?

mike112

Motorola g fast and no tray pin

@mike112 

This is a moto g7+ the sim tray is at the top right edge of the phone. The sim tray pin is placed above the hole of where you should insert it.....20210426_101147.jpg

mike112

I have tried a paper clip and safety pin as well as a small needle and it still won't open

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mike112 wrote:

I just received a new SIm card for my new Motorola Phone and can't open the tray to install the Sim card

@mike112    Some phones have a small pinhole that can be opened with the end of paperclip.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mike112 

What's the model of your phone? Did it not come with sim tray pin?

Need Help? Let's chat.