cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Moto G7 Power

Elee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I bought an unlocked Motorola Moto G7 power XT1955-2. I found that it's made for South America, will it work for PM in North America please? Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

Elee

@ChanPatr wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

If the phones were bought from a Best Buy subsidiary, they should be fine.

Members who purchase from such a site should take note of who the seller is. Popular websites such as Best Buy and Amazon allow third party sellers to offer products. Third party seller transactions can work out fine, but they don't always include manufactuer's warranty, nor were some of these products originally inteneded on being sold in Canada.

I have already saved my online chat session with the Amazon representative where they agreed to provide a full refund should the product become defective in the 1st year.

Thank you PaulRang18, ComputerGeek541 and ChanPatr!

Elee

@ChanPatr wrote:

It's true that Amazon.ca do sell phones from other regions. In doing so, the manufacturer or seller of the phone may not honour the warranty. The good news though is Amazon.ca will however accept a return of the phone for a full refund should it become defective in the 1st year - just make sure the order for the phone was fulfilled by Amazon. Here is what the Amazon representative told me:

"I have checked the details and there is nothing to worry. If the seller or manufacturer is not helping you with the warranty of the item. You can reach to us and we will help you to return the item. We will also help you with the full refund for this item. We will take the full responsibility of all the item which are fulfilled by amazon for one year."

It was only after Amazon provided me the above assurance that I proceeded with my order with them for a Moto G7 Power and Moto G7 Plus. 

Thank you ChanPatr!

ChanPatr

@computergeek541 wrote:

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Members who purchase from such a site should take note of who the seller is. Popular websites such as Best Buy and Amazon allow third party sellers to offer products. Third party seller transactions can work out fine, but they don't always include manufactuer's warranty, nor were some of these products originally inteneded on being sold in Canada.

I have already saved my online chat session with the Amazon representative where they agreed to provide a full refund should the product become defective in the 1st year.

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ChanPatr

It's true that Amazon.ca do sell phones from other regions. In doing so, the manufacturer or seller of the phone may not honour the warranty. The good news though is Amazon.ca will however accept a return of the phone for a full refund should it become defective in the 1st year - just make sure the order for the phone was fulfilled by Amazon. Here is what the Amazon representative told me:

"I have checked the details and there is nothing to worry. If the seller or manufacturer is not helping you with the warranty of the item. You can reach to us and we will help you to return the item. We will also help you with the full refund for this item. We will take the full responsibility of all the item which are fulfilled by amazon for one year."

It was only after Amazon provided me the above assurance that I proceeded with my order with them for a Moto G7 Power and Moto G7 Plus. 

ChanPatr

I have a Motorola G7+ Plus (XT1965-2) and a Motorola G7 Power (XT1955-2) and they both appear to be fully compatibile with Public Mobile's network.

LTE bands used in Latin America overlap with the ones used in North America. For this reason, phones for Latin America will typically work with North American wireless providers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_frequency_bands

Elee

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Elee wrote:

As the warranty info and manual are in Spanish, but I don't know that language unfortunately, I'm trying to find the warranty details and input/output electrical compatibility.

I don't know FOR SURE, in your particular case, BUT when looking for various phones on Amazon.ca, most of the listings that had phones from other regions, stated that there's no warranty on them..... that may, or may not, also apply to your phone. I suggest you contact the seller you got it from, to find out one way or the other..... good luck.

Thank you CannonFodder for your suggestion!

@Elee wrote:

As the warranty info and manual are in Spanish, but I don't know that language unfortunately, I'm trying to find the warranty details and input/output electrical compatibility.

I don't know FOR SURE, in your particular case, BUT when looking for various phones on Amazon.ca, most of the listings that had phones from other regions, stated that there's no warranty on them..... that may, or may not, also apply to your phone. I suggest you contact the seller you got it from, to find out one way or the other..... good luck.

Elee

@CJ16 wrote:

I have the international version of the g7 and had no problems just putting in my Public SIM.

Thank you CJ16!

CJ16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the international version of the g7 and had no problems just putting in my Public SIM.

@Elee  If the sim card fits, you can use your current sim card.

Elee

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Elee wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@EleeAs long as a South American model that it is not blacklisted it should be fine. A lot of blacklisted phones get exported to outside North America to get around blacklisting.

Thank you GinYVR! How do I find out if the phone is blacklisted please? I bought it from a place called: Canadian Outlet via Best Buy (market place order). And I  am in Canada. Would this source be safe from getting any blacklisted phones? Thanks again.

A common Canadian database that that carriers use can be accessed at devicecheck.ca

Thank you Computergeek541! I checked the Canadian database and thankfully it's not blacklisted! 

Also could I insert my existing Public Mobile SIM card to the new phone or would I need a new one please? Thanks.

@Elee wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@EleeAs long as a South American model that it is not blacklisted it should be fine. A lot of blacklisted phones get exported to outside North America to get around blacklisting.

Thank you GinYVR! How do I find out if the phone is blacklisted please? I bought it from a place called: Canadian Outlet via Best Buy (market place order). And I  am in Canada. Would this source be safe from getting any blacklisted phones? Thanks again.

A common Canadian database that that carriers use can be accessed at devicecheck.ca

Elee

@GinYVR wrote:

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.