cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Motorola G8 Power Lite

Try removing and reinserting your sim again.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tblaing wrote:

I can make calls (but the phone says "emergency calls only) and can receive texts. When I try to set up the APN by editing the access point, all of the fields are greyed out and I can't edit them.

APN doesn't relate to calling or SMS texting. Can you set the networks to something like LTE, 4G, WCDMA, UMTS, HSDPA, 3G.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've removed the card and restarted a few times. The issue seems to be that I cannot edit the APN settings. The ports, proxys etc are all blank, but grayed out so I can't edit them.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks - the network is set to Enhanced 4G LTE. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tblaing wrote:

Thanks - the network is set to Enhanced 4G LTE. 

For talk you'll need one of the 3G's in there. UMTS, WCDMA HSDPA. Not just 4G LTE. Maybe that will fix the emergency calls only.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tblaing wrote:

I've removed the card and restarted a few times. The issue seems to be that I cannot edit the APN settings. The ports, proxys etc are all blank, but grayed out so I can't edit them.

I think that you're on the wrong track. Before this message of yours that I'm replying to, it's mentioned that APN settings aren't related to calling or texting issues.  There isn't anything that you can do with APN settings that would cause or fix an "emergency calls only" error message.