cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X Pure Edition

Eashvar99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was planning to buy this phone and it's sold in the US, but i don't kno if this will work on the public mobile network, will it? If someone can help me with this, i will really appreciate it

12 REPLIES 12

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

Hi. Honestly, Alcatel One touch Idol 3 is a much better option, better than Moto G (1-3 Gen), Moto X+2, Samsung GSV, and for price point, Very competitive.

Alcatel Idol3 is a GREAT Phone but that doesn't mean it's the Best. It's a Mid Range Device where the OP's Device is considered a 2015 Flagship Phone. There is just no comparison between what you have and what OP wants to buy.

@OP, The Phone You are considering buying is a Great Device . It will work just fine on PM once Unlocked.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

@Griff, if Fee was $399, USD., exchange rate, Mmmm, $415-$$420is range. Not Too shabby. Motorola certainly needs to offer variety. But, Alcatel seems to be an excellent candidate as well. Options galore 

Where Have you been living?  Your Exchange rate is so off. $100 Canadian = $70 US Roughly

YIKES!!!!!! THAT'S PAINFULLY STEEP.

The Core is 6 core, But Processor is a whalop. Snapdragon, 802, screen Gorilla Glass 3, Water-repellent coating, 5.7 in screen, Very intrigued. Resolution, Not certain yet. Definitely a contender too 

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@makkahn28

The exchange rate is a lot worse than that right now actually, $399 USD is equal to $530 CAD

@Griff, if Fee was $399, USD., exchange rate, Mmmm, $415-$$420is range. Not Too shabby. Motorola certainly needs to offer variety. But, Alcatel seems to be an excellent candidate as well. Options galore 

Griff

@makkahn28

You would have to purchase it from the US, but I believe it's about $399 US.

As for specs;
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x_style-7229.php

@Griff, Question: How much is Moto X Pure/ Moto X Style going for? And the Specs too?

Griff

The phone @Eashvar99 is a very good device in terms of hardware and software. I had personally been interested in purchasing the Moto X Pure / Moto X Style and was pretty let down when I found out Motorola had no plans of bringing it to Canada. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Eashvar99, to answer your question, yes the phone if it is unlocked, will work on PM network.  It has the right bands for both 3g and LTE as per specifications on motorola website:  http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

Hi. Honestly, Alcatel One touch Idol 3 is a much better option, better than Moto G (1-3 Gen), Moto X+2, Samsung GSV, and for price point, Very competitive.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Likely will work unless locked to US provider, or acquired from overseas. You could check this post and its included links for more info:        Where can I buy a phone to use with Public Mobile?             

Are you aware Staples has unlocked 2nd gen Moto X? Telus/Koodo also have them and those will work on PM for sure even though locked to Koodo/Telus.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.