cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G6 play not recognizing the SIM card

gmilan2004
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a MOTO G6 Play, it was working for few months and now don't reconize the SIM card.

I install a different SIM card for other phone (PM SIM card as well) and works fine.

How can a get a replacement SIM?

Thanks in advance for yuor help

GM

9 REPLIES 9

Maybe try cleaning the SIM card contacts with a pencil eraser, or even better with a qtip dipped in isopropyl alcohol if you have it to clean it.

@gmilan2004 wrote:

SIM card show active in the account. The issue is intermittent. Works for a days and suddenly it shown no SIM on the phone. I restard the phone or remove and reinstall the SIM and works again!?

@gmilan2004  That is definitely a hardware issue with your phone. More than likely a sim tray issue.

gmilan2004

Agree, I'll contact the moderators to make sure if not an issue with the SIM first.

Thanks 

@gmilan2004  The issue could be in your phone with a connection that is loose. Have the moderators rule out any account issue first. Then have your device looked at for hardware issues.

gmilan2004

SIM card show active in the account. The issue is intermittent. Works for a days and suddenly it shown no SIM on the phone. I restard the phone or remove and reinstall the SIM and works again!?

@gmilan2004  Have you tried your SIM in another phone? Does it also give the same message? I suggest contacting the moderators first before replacing the SIM card. There was a similar issue a few days ago and the moderators were able to fix the issue from their side. Contact them by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@gmilan2004 wrote:

I have a MOTO G6 Play, it was working for few months and now don't reconize the SIM card.

I install a different SIM card for other phone (PM SIM card as well) and works fine.

GM

@gmilan2004 You can buy a new sim though here or amazon or any PM kiosk. If go to PM kiosk and explain your situation, a seller may help, for example, by giving you a new sim for free maybe.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gmilan2004 wrote:

GM

@gmilan2004  Can you still access your selfserve account online? If yes, does it show as active? If you can't access it then maybe it's not the sim card, maybe your number was ported out.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You can ask @CS_Agent but I think you'll just have to purchase a new one from amazon or a local store. Sims are not warrantied past activation at least. Can you try your sim card in another Telus/Koodo/PM phone to makesure it's dead?

Need Help? Let's chat.