cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G Play Compatible?

SynnSalvator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently looking at purchasing a moto g play (XT1607) as my phone just completely died on me. I am wondering if it is compatible with public mobile. Would anyone happen to know if this phone is usable?

If so, would I have to do anything to the phone or just pop in the sim card and it will work? (purchasing from koodo)

Thank you for your time.

6 REPLIES 6

SynnSalvator

@danette77 Ironically my phone that just died was a moto g 1st gen. I miss it and if it didnt cost so much to fix I would just get it working again. I never noticed the specs were similar, thanks for that heads up. 🙂

thanks for the welcome. 🙂 New to the community. (with Public 3+ years)

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SynnSalvator I've got the Moto G 1st gen which has similar specs to the Moto G Play and it works just fine with Public Mobile. Also, welcome on board!

SynnSalvator

Cutting it to size it is but i'll save that to someone with experience. Thank you, didnt know you could do that.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try cutting the sim card yourself. Just Google a template and trace on top of it. 

SynnSalvator

Thank you, unfortunately I found out from the store employee today when i walked in that the phone is advertised wrong, it is a XT1601 dual sim 16gb. It takes a nano sim which I don't have (I have a micro) and I can't get a nano as I do not have access to debit/credit or credit card or paypal.

Now trying to figure out how to get a nano card for it before my account dies off.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

565.PNG

It will work if its unlocked or locked to koodo/telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.