cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto E vs Moto G

_tien_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I shattered my S3 so I was going to get a Moto G but I realized that the Moto E is $100 cheaper, which should I get ( I'm talking about the 2nd generations for both of them )

10 REPLIES 10

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you want to prevent accidental calling, put your phone into sleep mode by just depressing the power button. I configured my phone to instantly "sleep" upon the power button being pressed, or 60 seconds of non-use.

Hi. @_tien_@Martin is Correct. I cannot in good Conscience tell U how to choose. But one thing I do know: KitKat allowed us to use Facial recognition for Unlocking handset when Phone is in Standby to prevent accidental dialings.

Lollipop doesn't 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Addition to the above:

Why not buy a new Moto G with L or M?

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi!

That's an impossible question for me to answer because I do not know what M has to offer compared to KitKat, plus I don't know what your frustration level is.

For instance, when XP was first introduced, I embraced it, but others, who were used to 98 and 98SE, considered it too complicated. Each to his own!

Why not buy a new Moto G with M. If you don't like it, return it within 15 days, ensuring that you have not exceeded the limits placed by the manufacturer?

_tien_

_tien_
@makkhan28 @Martin So if my soon to be Moto G comes with Lollipop would that be bad and do you think that when Android M comes out would it be better than Android L

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Like many people, I was eagerly awaiting Lollipop, due to Google's hype. It supposedly was going to provide a more efficient and pleasant experience. When it was finally released to a large user base, it was anti-climactic. I didn't regard the changes as significant. Then, when people started reporting problems, that finally convinced me that 5.0 was not for me.

As far as downgrading, there is a way to do so, but one has to be highly technically oriented. If one mistake is made, kiss your smartphone goodbye because it has just become an expensive paperweight.

@Martin, You are 110% Absolutely Right. 5.0.2 Lollipop SUCKS. I have 110% Regrets in that Update Firmware. Wished I could Downgrade

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

There is a reason that the Moto E costs less; it provides less than the Moto G.

As an owner of 2 phones, both being a 1st Generation Moto G, I would opt for a Moto G, 2nd Generation.

Enjoy your new phone!

BTW, if your new phone comes with KitKat, think twice about upgrading to Lollipop 5.0. Many problems have been reported, and the improvements are not earth-shatterring.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Moto G 2nd Gen would be My preference. Moto E, Eh

Need Help? Let's chat.