cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto E constantly giving notification ring

Google4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It seems that for the last several hours my Moto E has been giving a ring as to a notification, and I can't figure out what the cause of it is or how to stop it. 

Any time I press on the icon on the screen it notifies of a news story, or if I press on the telephone part it asks me if I am familiar with a number that called a couple of weeks ago.  I don't seem to be able to navigate to where I can classify the number as a contact or spam.

Or maybe there is some other issue with the phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Turn off all "notifications" on everything possible. Then gradually turn back on based on importance to you.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Google4 sounds like a phone issue rather than a Public Mobile issue.  You may want to spend some time in Lenovo's Moto E community areas: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-E-Phones/ct-p/MotoE 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Google4 wrote:

It seems that for the last several hours my Moto E has been giving a ring as to a notification, and I can't figure out what the cause of it is or how to stop it. 

Any time I press on the icon on the screen it notifies of a news story, or if I press on the telephone part it asks me if I am familiar with a number that called a couple of weeks ago.  I don't seem to be able to navigate to where I can classify the number as a contact or spam.

Or maybe there is some other issue with the phone.

@Google4 , you are new to the Community, are you a new Public Mobile user as well?

Your phone sounds like it is getting a mind of its own. 🙂

Finicky fixes below could reset things:

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*Update the latest software on your device, reboot.

*Network Reset

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Google4 

Best advice I can give is to search for Notifications settings in the phone's Settings menu.

From there, you should be able to select various device notification settings.

Also, you can individually set Apps to notify of various things the app may be designed to provide by way of notifications.  These are app-specific and can be set differently for each app - look for app permissions and notifications within each app.

Need Help? Let's chat.