cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly texts being used up, but I'm not sending or receiving any texts at all

charliekregel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a plan that gives me 50 outgoing texts a month.  I haven't send one but my account has been dinged for 40 texts already, most of them characterized as something called 7723.  Any idea what is happening?

6 REPLIES 6

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got it through system update.

Maybe you can try 'Oxygen Updater' through Play Store.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drsiha wrote:

FYI, Oneplus has fixed this issue in latest OxygenOS 9.0.5

Tested working on my 5T.

@drsiha I'm still stuck on 9.0.4.  Did you use a VPN to change region?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

FYI, Oneplus has fixed this issue in latest OxygenOS 9.0.5

Tested working on my 5T.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc 7723 means @charliekregel has an Android phone

@srlawrenOh thats good to know, so 7723 if andriod and 474663 is iphone, I altered my notes to include that in the future, thank you for that.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc 7723 means @charliekregel has an Android phone that uses the Google dialer and it's trying to look for Visual Voicemail and using up texts in the process.  It will do this every time the user reboots their phone, unless they do the permissions change.

@charliekregel please see @RobertQc's reply above and revoke the SMS privilege from your Phone app.  

EDIT: I don't know exactly what it looks like on a Pixel/Nexus/Essential phone, but on my OnePlus 5T, I would go to the phone properties, click Permissions, and then uncheck the SMS priv:

Screenshot_20181217-135601.jpgScreenshot_20181217-135607.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@charliekregel wrote:

I have a plan that gives me 50 outgoing texts a month.  I haven't send one but my account has been dinged for 40 texts already, most of them characterized as something called 7723.  Any idea what is happening?

@charliekregel

The most common issue is both iPhones (imessage) and Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone. I use android not Iphone so not sure how to disable that. But as for Andriod you can remove texting permissions from the “Dialer” app.

There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. Since your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these message

Need Help? Let's chat.