cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data stopped working

purtic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am using a OnePlus 3 and have been with public mobile for a couple of years.

I have had no issues using the mobile on the network or with mobile data but yesterday it suddenly stopped working.

I can connect fine to WiFi and the mobile data icon at the top of my phone claims to be connected to 4G and even shows the up and down arrows for data uploading/downloading. However no websites will load and apps will not work.

I've gone back and double checked all of my data settings, APN, etc. just in case something had changed on its own but everything appears correct.

I've also tried logging in to my PM account to see if I had gone over my data allocation and was locked down but my Data Usage page in PM doesn't show any information. It states only 'Usage for Phone Number "my number"' but the rest of the page is blank.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could make a suggestion as to how I could get my data access back.

Thank-you!

10 REPLIES 10

vincep
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It might be a Sim card issue ..try using it on another phone , if it doesnt work you know it something to do with the sim card ...if it does its the phone . 

I was told by a customer service rep from telus , this is a common problem with the Sim cards

Cheers 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And nor do you need to see ALL details. Click on Plan & Add-ons then Data & Add-on Usage and you see an overview of your usage.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous suit yourself.  🙂  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren: Sure. But I like details and data and numbers so I was just mentioning another way to see usage rather than just concluding "oh well then apparently I'm done".

Whatev's.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

You can actually verify it by digging deeper. All of your usage is in there. Not just that it's not showing on the overview page.

@Anonymous true, but digging back through 30 or 90 days worth of usage history page and adding it all up would be enough to drive someone insane (or at least waste a few good hours of your life you'll never get back).  Rest assurred, by the time your data bucket falls off the Overview page, you've used it up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@purtic wrote:

Thanks mimmo_L

I was confused that the Data Usage page would be blank - I assumed it would just show I had maxed out my data allocation.

However if a blank page means I'm over then that is the solution.

Cheers

You can actually verify it by digging deeper. All of your usage is in there. Not just that it's not showing on the overview page.

purtic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks mimmo_L

I was confused that the Data Usage page would be blank - I assumed it would just show I had maxed out my data allocation.

However if a blank page means I'm over then that is the solution.

Cheers

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@purtic wrote:

I am using a OnePlus 3 and have been with public mobile for a couple of years.

I have had no issues using the mobile on the network or with mobile data but yesterday it suddenly stopped working.

I can connect fine to WiFi and the mobile data icon at the top of my phone claims to be connected to 4G and even shows the up and down arrows for data uploading/downloading. However no websites will load and apps will not work.

I've gone back and double checked all of my data settings, APN, etc. just in case something had changed on its own but everything appears correct.

I've also tried logging in to my PM account to see if I had gone over my data allocation and was locked down but my Data Usage page in PM doesn't show any information. It states only 'Usage for Phone Number "my number"' but the rest of the page is blank.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could make a suggestion as to how I could get my data access back.

Thank-you!

Hi @purtic,

As @mimmo mentioned, it might be because you have used up all your allowed data for the period. When you log into your self-serve account, do you see anything under the "My Data & Add-Ons" heading? If you do nto see a summary of your amount used, that means you have used up all your data. 

mimmo

If you dont see the data addon in the selfserve main page it means you have used up all your data.  

you can either buy a $30 1gb addon

renew yoru plan early

go without data.

popping

Need Help? Let's chat.