cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app?

Jeevan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are there any mobile applications for public mobile?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren  what's the difference between using hermit and adding a shortcut? 

@mimmo honestly for most people, probably not a big difference.  You don't have to have (or keep) Chrome running to use it.  It shows up independently in your recents (multi-tasking) window, rather than just another tab in Chrome (I'm probably unusual and typically have 20-40 or so tabs open in my mobile Chrome).  That's really about it for basic usage. However, there is a ton of settings you can tweak per "app" (per site you set up in Hermit Lite):  things like reader mode, scripts on or off, dark mode, desktop mode, font fize customization, orientation control, whether or not to load images automatically, custom user agent string, block ads, block pop-ups, block 3rd party cookies, independent permissions  (location, media access, camera & mic), etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren  what's the difference between using hermit and adding a shortcut? I tried it and still needed to login etc... Not sure if I missed something. 

If I have time while I'm lounging around on Thursday, I think I'll take a look at this @srlawren.  You did a lot of work on this, and I really should learn it.

Just something new to help my limited vision - but I do prefer the web browser on a 26" screen 😉

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

If you're looking for a 30- or 90-day data management tool, the Google Play store has a free app called 'Data Witness PM'.  It will monitor data usage better than the onboard tool, as plans here are not monthly. This software was written by a PM User.

There are lots of options in the iOS App store also if you have an iPhone.

@Jeevan alternatively, if you use Android, you can also turn the mobile site into a lightweight app with very little effort using the Hermit Lite app.  Please see my guide here if you're curious:  Appify Self-serve and/or Community sites

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If you're looking for a 30- or 90-day data management tool, the Google Play store has a free app called 'Data Witness PM'.  It will monitor data usage better than the onboard tool, as plans here are not monthly. This software was written by a PM User.

There are lots of options in the iOS App store also if you have an iPhone.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You mean for account management, etc? No, nothing like that. AFAIK, Koodo doesn't offer one any more either. 

Just open the (lightweight) website in a mobile browser and add a shortcut to the home screen on your phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Many people have asked about one but PM does not provide any apps.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry, there isn't Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.