cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Hotspot not working

georgesg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a samsung note 8, when I turn on mobile hotspot the share my connection with my laptop, my laptop connects to the hotspot but with no internet connection.

Please help, Thanks.

Georges

8 REPLIES 8

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@georgesg wrote:

Hi,

I have a samsung note 8, when I turn on mobile hotspot the share my connection with my laptop, my laptop connects to the hotspot but with no internet connection.

Please help, Thanks.

Georges

A while ago, there was an issue with one of Public Mobile's access points. When that happened, people just went ahead and used the other for hotspot purposes.

Georges, for you, it could be as simple as entering a setting of DUN.

I gave you a bravo anyway, but you need to be more concise on where to add dun.  Please don't yell.  Smiley Happy

True that I didn't say where/how to do that.  It was brought up earlier where that setting is/which setting to adjust on Android phones.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@georgesg wrote:

Hi,

Please help, Thanks.

Georges

A while ago, there was an issue with one of Public Mobile's access points. When that happened, people just went ahead and used the other for hotspot purposes.

I gave you a bravo anyway, but you need to be more concise on where to add dun.  Please don't yell.  Smiley Happy

@srlawren wrote:

@georgesg what does your "APN Type" field show for sp.mb.com APN?  It should be "default,supl,mms" with no spaces (and without the quotes).

On some android devices, the APN type field needs to have dun in addition to the items you mentioned.  To this day, I have not found a reason why, just know that this is a solution that works.  I have to use this solution when tethering from my Sony xperia z3 compact and nexus 7 2013 tablets. 

@georgesg wrote:

Hi,

Please help, Thanks.

Georges

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

When you have hotspot on does the internet work on your phone? Unless you have the 4G LTE then your data is being throttled and may be slow and time out on other devices when using it as a hotspot.

@georgesg

Here is the knowledge article on how to set up hotspot for phone:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Setting up a hotspot on an Android Device:

1. From the Home screen, tap Menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Select Wireless & Networks.
  4. Select Tethering & Portable Hotspot.
  5. Select the Portable Hotspot checkbox and tap OK. A green check mark will appear.
  6. Select Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Settings.
  7. Select Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot.
  8. Type the name you want for your Wi-Fi hotspot in the Network SSID field.
  9. Select the security type you want from the drop-down list. We recommend WPA2 encryption.
  10. Type in a password for your hotspot and tap Done.
  11. Tap Save.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@georgesg what does your "APN Type" field show for sp.mb.com APN?  It should be "default,supl,mms" with no spaces (and without the quotes).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If data is working on your phone, then it's a phone issue and you must await an Android using member. Switch to iPhone and I can help. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.