cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working

Anderson1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have my mobile data activated, when i choose an app to allow data to it once i close the settings icon it grays out that app again. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

8 REPLIES 8

lmkwan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you have a VPN on your phone? If so, make sure the cellular data is turned on in your VPN app under the settings menu

@crajibkumar wrote:

Hello, I have bought a Moto g Power lite and my mobile data is not working in this phone. I had a Samsung galaxy previously and the mobile date was working fine on that. I have public mobile and I have 1GB data in my plan.

Yes, @crajibkumar , it should work fine on the PM network.    You have data toggled "ON", correct?   Try manually selecting 3G vs LTE in settings to see if that makes difference.

Here's the phone specs showing compatibility for Moto G Power lite:

HALIMACS_0-1619958114411.png

crajibkumar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have bought a Moto g Power lite and my mobile data is not working in this phone. I had a Samsung galaxy previously and the mobile date was working fine on that. I have public mobile and I have 1GB data in my plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Anderson1989 wrote:

I have my mobile data activated, when i choose an app to allow data to it once i close the settings icon it grays out that app again. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

@Anderson1989 

It seems as if perhaps a more general setting may be overriding the app-specific setting to enable browsing via mobile data.

Check to see if you have a general setting which restricts all apps to be used ONLY while using Wi-Fi.

Try toggling that OFF, and see if there is then the ability to selectively allow each app preference to be set for mobile data use vs Wi-Fi only use.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Anderson1989 wrote:

@Anderson1989 are you a new customer to Public Mobile?

Try one or more of the below:

• *turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot
  • *Ensure you have the latest software installed on your phone.
  • *removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • *go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • *reset network settings
  • *APN help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anderson1989  For more specific ideas, tell us make/model of your phone. 
Review this checklist: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-not-working/m-p/492467/highlight...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Mobile data is working for me.  I suggest checking the account to make sure that data has not been used up.  Also worthwhile to check that the APN settings are correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anderson1989 : Can you otherwise browse the internet? Or send/receive MMS picture messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.