cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing something

Nico
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am wondering if I'm missing something with the suspension service.

It's like this: my phone was stolen, so I suspended my service. In the next day or so I bought a new sim card and new phone. I put the sim card in my phone and then reactivated my service. The phone is registering the sim card because it shows the network provider is Public Mobile. I cannot receive phone calls, I can't make phone calls, I can't text, basically it is not connected to the network. Indeed in the top right corner of my screen the service bars have a little X over them indicating I have no service. When I call my phone from another it rings before going to the answering machine. Did I miss something with the suspension service? Did it even work? Or is this maybe a faulty sim card...?

13 REPLIES 13

@Nico wrote:

Haha, so now my next question is how long should it take for the new card to register...?

😄😄😄

@Nico 5 minutes; reboot your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't think you did anything wrong when reactivating, just reboot your phone and your network.

@Nico wrote:

Haha, so now my next question is how long should it take for the new card to register...?

😄😄😄

@Nico  Restart your phone or in/out of airplane mode should do the trick.

@Nico it should be alnost instantaneous. Try restarting your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it. Stay safe. 

Nico

😄 😄 😄

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Nico wrote:

Hi I am wondering if I'm missing something with the suspension service.

It's like this: my phone was stolen, so I suspended my service. In the next day or so I bought a new sim card and new phone. I put the sim card in my phone and then reactivated my service. The phone is registering the sim card because it shows the network provider is Public Mobile. I cannot receive phone calls, I can't make phone calls, I can't text, basically it is not connected to the network. Indeed in the top right corner of my screen the service bars have a little X over them indicating I have no service. When I call my phone from another it rings before going to the answering machine. Did I miss something with the suspension service? Did it even work? Or is this maybe a faulty sim card...?

@Nico  You need to add the new sim card into your account via selfserve.

cs.png

@Nico try the 2 tricks that I mentioned above. If they fail, do a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

To perform a Network reset, follow these steps.
  1. From the Home screen, swipe up, then tap Settings.
  2. Tap System > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Enter your PIN or Password, then tap Next.
  5. Tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.

TigerKing

Nico

The missing Link!! Thanks!

Nico

Sorry, forgot to mention it's a OnePlus 3.

I know they're compatible because I have had a OnePlus 1 with PM before and I remember seeing a thread here before about OnePlus 3s with PM...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you change your sim card in your self serve account ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

TigerKing

Did you report it lost in your self serve? If so you need to report it found to restart your service.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Nico whats the make and model of your phone? Try these 2 tricks.

1.Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, remove and reinsert the SIM, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

Need Help? Let's chat.