cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls not showing up at all

StevenBoyd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a service or phone problem, but I'm not getting notified when someone calls and doesn't leave a message; it probably is when I have no signal for even a moment, like if I walk into the basement for example.

I'm on a Huawei KII-L05 which doesn't display text messages on the home screen anyways, but it's annoying to find out that someone called but I never even knew about it and could call back. I thought it might be a service issue since it doesn't show up in the call logs as well.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Because Public Mobile has only LTE but NOT VoLTE, sometimes you will NOT be notified of an incoming call (the phone won't ring, you won't see a "missed call" notification and you won't know that someone tried to call you UNLESS a voice mail was left). The solution is for Public Mobile is to enable VoLTE but until they do that (and they say they have no plans to do that), the solution is to turn off LTE and use only 3G.

On an iPhone, click "Settings" "Cellular" "Cellular Data Options" and turn OFF "Enable LTE".

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3g-4g-voice-calls-lte-network-implementation-richie-sam-oommen/

StevenBoyd

@stonechucker wrote:

I have voicemail, and if someone doesn’t leave a message, then they will call me back.  If it’s important, they will call back, or leave a message.

I don’t use my phone for business.  If I did, I wouldn’t be on Public Mobile.  Saying this, I get more here, than I ever got from Rogers or Wind, and I’m paying less.

I've only ever been on Wind and Rogers. Wind had horrid service and Rogers the Ripoff made me switch to PM. It'd be a nice implementation, though.

I have voicemail, and if someone doesn’t leave a message, then they will call me back.  If it’s important, they will call back, or leave a message.

I don’t use my phone for business.  If I did, I wouldn’t be on Public Mobile.  Saying this, I get more here, than I ever got from Rogers or Wind, and I’m paying less.

@srlawren wrote:

@StevenBoyd I don't believe any of the brands in the Telus family offer missed call notifications unfortunately.  I don't know about the Bell family, but I'm fairly sure both Rogers and their 2nd tier Fido brand offer it--don't know about thier PM equivalent Chatr though.

Chatr doesn't have it. I don't belive Chatr has name display either.

Missed call text messages are a Rogers, Fido, and Freedom thing.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@StevenBoyd I don't believe any of the brands in the Telus family offer missed call notifications unfortunately.  I don't know about the Bell family, but I'm fairly sure both Rogers and their 2nd tier Fido brand offer it--don't know about thier PM equivalent Chatr though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

StevenBoyd

That seems odd, but it's important for business that I'm able to get back to people if they call if I enter a dead zone, and I can't exactly avoid going through tunnels and in basements. I'll give the app a look at, but it seems a hassle for something like this.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile doesn't have a system that will notify you of missed calls while you're unreachable.  However, there is such an option Android phones in the dialer function, to forward a call to a specific number in such a case.

I use the Fongo app to receive forwarded calls (to a free Canadian number)  'Unreachable Calls', and Fongo will allow me to answer it (if I have WiFi access), take a message, and show the caller information.

Need Help? Let's chat.