cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated to Koodo via online about 5 days ago

SDK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Koodo's SIM card has not arrived yet and my PM phone is not working.

I cannot call nor receive msg/calls from anywhere.

Any help?

5 REPLIES 5

dgallen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply. 

I suspected that the multiple service, billing systems must somehow be borked during the handshake between them, which is why moderators need to intervene.   I certainly wanted to avoid paying $120 for a change to a $10 service during a 4-5  day transition.  I had hoped that before turning up an automated customer facing system, simple bugs/logic would not be there and or fixed.  Obviously from the thread you cite in 2016, this has never been fixed. 

Hopefully will get some sort of resolution in a few days without resorting to breaking the piggy bank even further.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dgallen

According to this thread, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

There is plan change glitches when you change to a lower cost plan unless you manually topup your account with the plan cost of the old(higher value) plan.  Since PM is a prepaid service, there is no refund.  SInce you want to save money by changing your plan to the cheapest on available, you will not give PM more money by topup to the old plan amount.  As a result, your renewal with $10 plan change will fail. 

SDK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is still active and did not run out of quota

dgallen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry I can't offer a solution other than sympathy as I'm in the same boat.   

I received the text offer from PM on Friday and proceeded to change my service from the 90da/12 GB to the monthly $10 on the renewal date of Sunday. I wanted to ensure continuity of servce until the Koodo SIM would arrive in the mail and I could activate and port my PM phone number to Koodo.  Even though autopay is enabled and the online service showed the change of plan, my phone has now been out of service for a day now and even though my history shows the $10 debited from my account. I cannot send/receive any voice or text.

Of course I sent a message to moderators yesterday and assume I'll need to wait another day or two until I get a response.   I'm sure there are and will be others with the same issues, especially since this migration program will further service requests and cause more grief.  All we can do is collectively whine and harken back to the days of live service Smiley Sad

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SDK

When is your renewal date?

Login to your PM account. 

Is the status active?

If active, check usage to determine whether you used up the minutes/data.

If not active, you need to pay and reactivate you account before you can port you number to Koodo after getting your Koodo SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.