cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging

Annette1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason it says, sending disabled. I cant find anything in the app to correct this.  Can anyone provide me with the solution, please?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Annette1 

If you’re signed into those accounts, you should be able to send messages. Can you let us know if any of our suggestions helped or are you still experiencing the same issues.

Annette1

LlLG Style. I have message+ and messenger from Facebook.  Often the question would I like to have messenger as my main texting app.  I may have inadvertantly agreed to that today trying to get rid of the question which comes up repeatedly.

Annette1

Message+  I also have messenger

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Annette1 when trying to send an mms message enable your data and try sending again

Message+  I also have messenger

*try downloading the Google messages app by Google LLC

im not too sure how FB messenger handles sms text. maybe that's causing your issue?

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would start with turning off your phone for 30 seconds then turning it back on. then set your phone to airplane mode for 10 seconds then turn off airplane mode. If the text message that won't send has a photo or video in it, or you're trying to text a group of people, confirm that the settings to support these features are enabled. Select Settings > Messages. Under SMS/MMS, toggle MMS Messaging and Group Messaging to the On (green) position.

Also select Settings > General > Date & Time, then move the Set Automatically switch to On (green). If it is already on, turn it off and on again.

Reactivate iMessage if it’s deactivated. Select Settings > Messages, then toggle the iMessage switch to On (green).

I would also make sure your iOS is up to date.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Annette1 we need further details in order to try to help solve your problem.

What kind of phone do you have?. Do you have multiple SMS apps on your phone. Example the one that comes with the phone and maybe SMS on messenger? Maybe one of your other apps are set to the default message while you're trying to use one of the other text apps?

More details will be useful please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annette1  - What app are you referring to?

Need Help? Let's chat.