cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging works with new sim card, but calling doesn't

JustSheev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently got the $15 pre-paid option for my Huawei Enjoy 7 (SLA-AL00). I'm able to receive and send texts no problem but when someone tries to call me they get automatically directed to my voicemail and when I try to call someone the call is automatically ended. I've already checked my phone settings for blocking people. 

6 REPLIES 6

Jinjangbesi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If porting issue, please allow up to 24 hours for all the services to be ready. I've ported 2 lines recently and it took about 24 hours. If you have another phone, try to see whether it's compatible (if your current phone has issue with frequency bands for 3G)

@JustSheev it's either a porting issue, or your phone doesn't have the correct frequency bands for 3G.

@JustSheev  According to my research you phone model supports the following bands:

3G BandsTD-SCDMA 1880-1920/2010-2025MHzWCDMA 850/900/2100MHz
4G BandsTDD-LTE 1880-1920/2300-2400/2570-2620/2496-2690MHzFDD-LTE: 850/900/1800/2100MHz

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JustSheev wrote:

I recently got the $15 pre-paid option for my Huawei Enjoy 7 (SLA-AL00). I'm able to receive and send texts no problem but when someone tries to call me they get automatically directed to my voicemail and when I try to call someone the call is automatically ended. I've already checked my phone settings for blocking people. 

Huawei Enjoy 7 (SLA-AL00) does not support LTE.  But supports 3G B2 and B5.  

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/3NlWcg/huawei-enjoy-7-kfc-30th-anniversary-edit...

PM use 3G signal for calls. Your phone should work unless Telus network does not use 3G B2 or B5 across Canada.  

Restart your phone with PM SIM card installed may help.

You phone supports the UMTS bands.  But does not support the UMTS protocols.  Therefore, you phone will not work with PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JustSheev wrote:

@JustSheev That phone only supports one of the two 3G bands that PM uses for calling. The phone has the 850 band but is missing the 1900 so that could be an issue.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JustSheev hi sounds like you just ported a number to PM give it a few hours its normal you can use your old sim in the meantime till it stops working where did you port your number from?

Need Help? Let's chat.