cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging problems

M_brownie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I am having issues receiving messages. Now I can still send them, which is weird, but I cannot see what the other person has sent! 

Help would be appricaited! 

12 REPLIES 12

M_brownie

Thank you for the help! I've submited a ticket but I may as well wait out the 24 hours and see if anything has improved by then!

Thanks again!

@M_brownie wrote:

Yes, actually! i recently returned for the States and my roaming add-on just expired yesterday. 

It is a known issue on some accounts.  I have had this happen to me 3 times.  It will usually self resolve in 24 hours, but you can also create a trouble ticket to have the moderators look into it for you. Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

M_brownie

Yes, actually! i recently returned for the States and my roaming add-on just expired yesterday. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@M_brownie wrote:

Hello!

I am having issues receiving messages. Now I can still send them, which is weird, but I cannot see what the other person has sent! 

@M_brownie  have you recently returned from the US or have recently purchased the US roaming add-on?  There has been a known issue were you lose the ability to receive texts when that add-on expires

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@M_brownie wrote:

No I haven't! 🙂 and my phone is still getting call just fine!

One troubleshooting step would be to send a text message to yourself using that same phone/same phone number. If you receive that text message, there's a good possiblity that there could be an issue with the other carrier. The other possiblility would be that some contacts could have been accidently blocked.  Also, if you're using Google's Android Messages, check the Archive section to see if some of your messages may have been hidden in there.

M_brownie

Alright, I'll try that. 🙂 Thank you!

stpm-new.png

M_brownie

No I haven't! 🙂 and my phone is still getting call just fine!

@M_brownie wrote:

Jor123,

Thanks for the advise!

How would I do that? 

You can go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and type in "rep".

M_brownie

Jor123,

Thanks for the advise!

How would I do that? 

@M_brownie wrote:

Hello!

A few questions: Did you recently ask  for a phone number to be transfered in?  And:  Are you also have difficulties receiving phone calls?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your best bet is to open a support ticket with the moderators. 

Need Help? Let's chat.