cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages originating outside of Telus

dmsta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to return a refurbished phone, but the emails I am receiving from Public Mobile seem fishy - the first one had several very weird spelling mistakes, including Public Mobile! (spelled publicmobiel?) As well gmail keeps warning me that the messages are originating from outside of telus.com - is there any chance that something is awry? They are apparently sending me a mailer to return the phone - is there a return address I should be looking for?

Thanks to anyone who can help ease my mind!

11 REPLIES 11

@softech 

You would be surprised!

So there must be some correlation between those two credit cards.. same bank? Something has to be coded incorrectly. I have never heard that one before and it opens up lots of room for misunderstandings.

AE_Collector

@dmsta wrote:

My credit card identifies Public Mobile as TransLink which is BC's transit system, and categorizes Public Mobile as a public parking garage, 

Telus is running a larger business than we thought.. LoL

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@dmsta wrote:

Public Mobile as a public parking garage, even giving the phone number to TransLink on the charges, which was very confusing when I called to see if the charges were valid. Anyhow, it's all very nerve wracking to me.

I see the same on my card statement. What a laugh! But as long as I have service PM can be 'Prime Minister's' basement... 🙂

dmsta

Lol. No, I'm really not judgemental of spelling mistakes, I make many of them myself. Just generally nervous about this system. I think the premise of having no recourse to speak to anyone on the phone, in any circumstance, is what causes me the most trepidation with Public Mobile. My credit card identifies Public Mobile as TransLink which is BC's transit system, and categorizes Public Mobile as a public parking garage, even giving the phone number to TransLink on the charges, which was very confusing when I called to see if the charges were valid. Anyhow, it's all very nerve wracking to me. Thank you to everyone for your responses.

I see things like that from companies online and agree, the first thing to look for to determine if you might be getting scammed is spelling mistakes. I make lots of them myself but i am not representing a large company or even a small company!

AE_Collector

dmsta

Hi @softech  - Yes, I did it this way. I am maybe being over cautious but the misspelled public mobile somehow really threw me!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dmsta  did you start the return process by emailing : device.return@publicmobile.ca  ?

and they reply you via Gmail?

but yes, if you find it fishy, check with Mod first, just in case

dmsta

Hi @cavemantoronto 

They are coming from Public Mobile CPO via Gmail.

Public Mobile CPO (device.return@publicmobile.ca) via gmail.com 

dmsta

Thank you @esjliv - I've sent them a message... I'll leave this up though, as I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dmsta wrote:

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to return a refurbished phone, but the emails I am receiving from Public Mobile seem fishy - the first one had several very weird spelling mistakes, including Public Mobile! (spelled publicmobiel?) As well gmail keeps warning me that the messages are originating from outside of telus.com - is there any chance that something is awry? They are apparently sending me a mailer to return the phone - is there a return address I should be looking for?

Thanks to anyone who can help ease my mind!

Hello @dmsta 

To ensure all is on the up and up and for your peace of mind, contact the Public Mobile Moderators via Private message here, to validate any information: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dmsta Which e-mail address are the messages coming from?

Need Help? Let's chat.