Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maze Alpha

Hi there,

I just got this phone 

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_647665.html?wid=11

However, the network for public mobile isn't showing up. 

Even tried to add the APN but still no network.

Oh...wow, I checked the IMEI number on public mobile's site and it says my phone doesn't work with Public Mobile. However I saw a few post that says the LTE works for it...

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Maze Alpha

From what I can find, your device supports the following:

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz

I don't think your Maze is compatible at all. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm (I can never figure this out) but looking at the charts this won't work.

Mayor / Maire

LTE will work, but 3G won't. You won't be able to make phone calls on the 3G network, you will have to use some sort of VoIP service (fongo, Google Hangouts) if you want to make calls

xCameron94x wrote:

LTE will work, but 3G won't. You won't be able to make phone calls on the 3G network, you will have to use some sort of VoIP service (fongo, Google Hangouts) if you want to make calls

Is that correct for LTE? It appears to support band 7 only for Telus/PM which I didn't think was in wide use here in Canada.

My friend is saying it works, 

I can see Public Mobile 4G in the APN but it's having issues connecting to it. 

Sorry, your friend has one as well and it works? Or that yours should work? What is he saying that works - voice/text or data?

I fixed the issue, the phone is working now. I just have to figure out if calling other people works. 

Mayor / Maire

koimr1 wrote:

xCameron94x wrote:

Is that correct for LTE? It appears to support band 7 only for Telus/PM which I didn't think was in wide use here in Canada.

the phone also supports band 4 LTE

And? Smiley Happy

I'm curious as this has some pretty nice specs for the price.

Mayor / Maire

@koimr1 I wouldn't hold your breath, since the phone appears to be lacking the required 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G UMTS bands needed for calls and texts.  This phone would work fine with Rogers/Fido/Chatr using Rogers' 2G GSM network for calls and texts and 4G LTE for data.  But not so much on Telus/Koodo/PM/Bell/Virgin/Solo

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.